Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 02-15-2008, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d2w View Post
So a quick scan of our forum topics reveal that we don't have an entry for "Trials". So where do trials riders talk? And where can I go to lurk (and educate myself)?

Oops, I just found the category under "Other", but it's pretty quiet for trials-related topics (as it contains mostly Quad topics).

Dale
Not a lot of websites out there with good, read that as .... highly used forums.

"Trials central" is based in england and is kind of king of the hill.
it does have a canadian forum so thats a start.

New England dirtbikes has a trials forum that is somewhat active but that mostly new england dirtbike guys who play around with trials bikes and some dedicated new england trials riders.

Thumper talk also has a trials forum, not sure how much use it gets. Like I said .... slim pickens out there on the worldwide web when it comes to trials sites.

the thumper talk actually looks to be quite active .. I'll have to stop in more often.

Last edited by skid jackson; 02-15-2008 at 09:27 PM.

Old 02-16-2008, 10:12 PM

Although I haven't ever rode a trials bike I can remember the first time I saw a GasGas enduro bike. It was at the 93 Six Day Enduro in Holland I was walking through the pits and there was a small team of riders from Spain with the trickest looking 125's on the planet. The bikes were prototype preproduction GasGas enduros, they had nickle coated frames alumn tanks and all the detail of a factory racer, I can honestly say I fell in love with the bikes. I can,t remember how the GasGas riders did, but I can remember that it was a very tough race (Fredette said it was the toughest) and I houred out on day two with a combination of bike problems and flu like fatigue.
Old 02-17-2008, 03:51 PM

I have been riding dirt bikes for almost 30 yrs. I turn 40 this year, and I just bought an '02 GG TXT280 Pro to try something new now that I am getting old!!
My first ride was 2 weeks ago. The bike feels wonderfully light and mild compared to my MX bikes. I was actually suprised at two things - the ergonimics felt awkward, and the engine is so user friendly.

I took me the better part of an entire day to get comfortable with the ergos, but now i am starting to slowly get the hang of the basics. Boy this trials thing is REALLY FUN!! The bike just begs me to look for obstacles to try to conquer.
Old 02-17-2008, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woods Rider View Post
The bike just begs me to look for obstacles to try to conquer.
Whoa there cowboy. I'm in considerable pain today because of that attitude

'06 Raga Rep

(hopefully '08 EC200 & '10 TXT Pro 250 soon)