Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 09-08-2011, 03:39 AM

One time our group went to Nirvana Point, one of our favorite destinations to stop and BS (see image). It is fine destinations and good company that makes woods riding my favorite. It's gray market woods up to Nirvana Point, but we never bothered anybody or violated trespassing signs.
Suddenly, a lone female hiker came up and began yelling at us, so we saddled up and rode off into the woods where we met up at the beaver pond about 15 minutes away. We were gathered there talking about the lady when she came running down the trail and began yelling at us some more.
One of us finally pointed out to the woman that she just chased five strange men deep into the woods to yell at them, and that she'd be in extreme danger if we weren't such nice guys.

I thought that was wierd.

We can ride all those woods still, but need to stop the bikes about 100 yards before Nirvana Point which is now posted.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GasGasAtNP.jpg (118.5 KB, 23 views)

Last edited by motogroove; 09-08-2011 at 07:08 AM. Reason: spelling

Old 09-08-2011, 06:46 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Ya'll need a fridge out at the point!!!! See how they deal with screaming women in AZ?

Current ride: 2009 WR450

Previously owned: 12 Gas Gas XC300R, 06 WR450, 06 YZ250, 05 Gas Gas EC250, 05 KTM 450EXC, 02 KX250 w/EG310 kit, 03 YZ250F
Old 09-08-2011, 08:49 AM

I've seen a lot of female Saaquatchs in these small towns enduros are run out of over the years.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:01 AM
Banned

When my son Zachary and I were riding at Cumberland Mountain in TN when he was about 7 years old, an emu ran in front of us. Zachary was leading and when he saw the emu, he stopped and stared for a minute or so and then signaled for me to pull up beside him. When I got up to him he asked "Dad....was that a big turkey?"

When I was 14 or so, I was riding my 1973 Honda XR75 on the paper company property behind our farm in south GA. I came around a corner on an old logging road and noticed a man on the side of the road. He had a jug of moonshine in his right hand and his left arm was wrapped around the neck of a coon dog sitting beside him. I don't know if he was sharing the 'shine with the dog.

I was riding an enduro in GA in the mid 70s with Ted, Bob and a friend of Ted's named Glenn. We went into the first woods section and Ted was leading, Glenn was next and then me. Ted caught a vine on his handlebar. The vine was wrapped around a big dead limb in an oak tree which broke when Ted hit the vine. The big limb came down and cleaned Glenn off of the bike. Glenn told him about it later but Ted didn't believe him. I was a witness to the whole thing.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:09 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

wierdest thing..
we ride at the canadian river.. most of the trails we ride are not in the river bed, but you can ride there.. we were riding back to the truck one day about 6 miles from the truck and there were 3 bikes, alot of riding gear scattered, in the river bed... no riders anywhere.. no clue.. there is only one way in and one way out.. we never saw anyone..
prolly a helicopter ride out for one, but no idea why the other bikes were still there..
Old 09-08-2011, 11:28 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

funniest thing.. lookin back..

a buddy of mine and i were riding one day.. we were just tooling back to the truck no big deal.. he got cross rutted.. over the bars.. broke his lh thumb and his right wrist..
he did not want to leave his bike.. so .. i would take him about a mile.. leave him and that bike.. run back to the other, in full gear, about 90 degrees.. get that one, go get him... and so on.. it was 4 miles to a place i could get a truck to him.. when i left him to go get the truck... i asked if he needed anyting... he said he needed to pee...
i left him there to take care of that himself...
Old 09-08-2011, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
When my son Zachary and I were riding at Cumberland Mountain in TN when he was about 7 years old, an emu ran in front of us. Zachary was leading and when he saw the emu, he stopped and stared for a minute or so and then signaled for me to pull up beside him. When I got up to him he asked "Dad....was that a big turkey?"
Reminds me of the first time my son saw a possum and called it a "daddy rat"
Old 09-08-2011, 03:31 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Does just stupid count? It was back in 1975, we had a place that we rode in Alief, Tx that had a bunch of freeway hills, a flat track on the side of a bayou, which was really cool as you were really crossed up on the way down to the bit on the bottom of the bayou, and then about 150 yds away there was a real circle track, nice and dusty that you could get a good drift going. My buddy and me were taking a break and heard a "brapp, brapp, brapp" and a bunch of dust coming from the circle track, then a bit of a crack, bump, rattle, then above the weeds that hid the track we saw a leg (still attached) and a battery flying though the air. We hurried over and there were about 5 stoners trying to stuff a battery back into a beetle, the cables had ripped off when the bug went rolling. it was pretty flat on top and one dude was still going Whoa! Whoa! They were all ok, so we suggested they try push-starting the thing since they had no battery, went went back to riding. still one of the funniest things I can remember...
Breaking more things by 8:00AM than most people break all day.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:19 PM

The ninja guy has been spotted at several of our races in the past few years, but hasn't been caught yet. Pretty freaky if you ask me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbger_4LSes
Old 09-08-2011, 09:06 PM

Back about 10 years ago went to ride on a sunday morning,, drove the 1 1/2 to the meeting point up near nesky Pa,, everybody else bailed as it was really raining hard.. where I left it was sunny... I waited for 45 minutes.. one other showed.. We rode two hrs in the rain until I got a front flat. Decided to take the main coal roads back,, about 8-9 miles from the blacktop.. Used a hand pump every mile to get the front up enough for some speed..
On the 4th time due to stop and fill the tire,, we were slowing down and I noticed a old beat up van off the road in the woods with a small campfire.. I glanced over,, the back doors were wide open and facing the trail we were on.. There stood a (est.) 450# guy? buck nakid doing a equally large woman? in the van,, not sure,, just saw very fat legs sticking out and a bad rocking motion.. Flat front tire and all,, I got a handfull of throttle and stood that bike up on one wheel and went way too fast till I was about another mile down the trail.. My riding buddy and me did not say anything to each other till we were back at our trucks..
Everytime I see my buddy I have to ask him,, "see anything fat lately?" and then he gets all upset..
03 KTM 625 sxc-rehab unit-did its job and now gone
03 GG 250 ec-gone
97 GG 250 ec Gone