Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 09-10-2011, 04:50 PM

This ones about luck....

A few years back I was riding with a friend in the desert/badland area(extinction area) in our province..we had a great day and rode the wheels off our machines but it was late in the season and dark came upon us quickly....so we packed up loaded the bikes on the trailer and headed for home..about a 2hr drive..we were very tired and sore from a great day

Half way home my buddy says hey lets stop for a burger I'm hungry...I thought it was a good idea and told him I would even pay..so I headed off the highway to find a burger joint.....it was pitch dark

I fumbled through my jeans and glove box and could not find my wallet anywhere !!!.....and as panic set in I realised that I was screwed...I looked everywhere....gear bag...camel back... floor of car...nothing...

debit cards..credit cards..liscense..ID..birth certificate...all gone

I was in pretty somber mood on the drive home....and buddy had to pay for dinner and all......all I was thinking was what a hassle its going to be..canceling cards and renewing things etc

got home and went to bed...

next morning I got up I was still shocked but went to unhook the trailer and clean things up.....

and my wallet was sitting on the spare tire on the tongue of the trailer !!!!(I guess I left it on there when we packed up).......how it didnt fly off with a stiff wind... bumpy roads and 2hr drive at 120km/h.... I'll never know

Old 09-10-2011, 06:07 PM

I've had some pretty wild rides where we're not sure if we're gonna make it home before dark but I guess the weirdest thing that has happened was at an enduro just north of Phoenix. We had a desert racing association out there but enduros were rare in AZ so when we heard about it, we jumped at the chance. About 3/4 of the way thru the event, they funneled us down a
dry rocky wash, it was real slow going and it had gotten pretty hot and all the riders were just about give out. We got down to the slowest portion and all of a sudden this topless young lady comes over to the trail and offers us a nice cold drink of water (this was before camelbacks). I just killed my engine and sat there for a few minutes enjoying the view and the cold water....
Old 09-10-2011, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukwheat View Post
all of a sudden this topless young lady comes over to the trail and offers us a nice cold drink of water (this was before camelbacks).....
*sigh*
and also before helmet cams
Old 09-10-2011, 09:03 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

No snakes Boom!!!! I don't do wildlife control, I leave that to the freaks like Billy!! I even tell my customers "You can call me, I'll come over and hold your hand while we watch whoever else you call go kill it." LOL

Blanco no do snakes.

I'm at an LACC race right now out in the middle of nowhere and have full signal strength on my phone. I get 1 bar at my house in Lafayette 2 miles from I-10. Go figure...

Current ride: 2009 WR450

Previously owned: 12 Gas Gas XC300R, 06 WR450, 06 YZ250, 05 Gas Gas EC250, 05 KTM 450EXC, 02 KX250 w/EG310 kit, 03 YZ250F
Old 09-11-2011, 06:50 AM

I am the same way Blanco! I almost wrecked the Berg when a copper head crossed the trail in front of me.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:01 AM

Default Stick to the trail

One time we were out in Chip's woods and came into a newly found area that was a dead-end hillclimb turn around area. (Dead ends happen a lot in suburban trail riding).

I broke one of the cardinal rules of trail etiquette, and left the trail to blaze a new turn around loop. It's a steep hill with heavy leaf cover. I'm on it hard and probably in some lazy fun-riding body position ready to do a big sweeping brap. Halfway up the hill and inches before my front wheel, a small spotted fawn pops up out of the camouflage and darts out of my path. I missed it by only inches.

That screwed with my head for a long time, and I didn't even hit it.
I'm pretty good about sticking to the trail now. It's a good rule of thumb. Snakes, spiders, baby deer... they can all keep you up at night.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:14 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Once while riding in the forest.... i didn't fall down!
Breaking more things by 8:00AM than most people break all day.
Old 09-11-2011, 12:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukwheat View Post
all of a sudden this topless young lady comes over to the trail and offers us a nice cold drink of water the view and the cold ....
This is why I love living here, all the topless desert dwelling women. It's so hot here there tops just usually burst into flames.....
Old 09-11-2011, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadelliott View Post
This is why I love living here, all the topless desert dwelling women. It's so hot here there tops just usually burst into flames.....
What does property go for in this area?? I may have to relocate,, the woodland creatures sound much better out there than the ones out here!!
03 KTM 625 sxc-rehab unit-did its job and now gone
03 GG 250 ec-gone
97 GG 250 ec Gone
Old 09-11-2011, 05:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgranger View Post
Once while riding in the forest.... i didn't fall down!
LOL!!! That happened to me once, too!