Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Electrical & Wiring

Enduro Electrical & Wiring Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2017, 12:41 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Angry 2018 Batteries and Starter Doesnt work!

My bike started just fine for about a week after it was brought home. After that refuses to start with the estart. This is now going on about 3 weeks of trying to get a resolution from GG and my local dealer.

I posted on facebook about it, and the Admins deleted my post as they don't want the dirty laundry exposed. But here I sit with a bike that doesn't do what it's supposed to. A bike I just forked out about 10k dollars for.

I initially contacted people privately to avoid the GG flamage that was bound to happen, but still never got a resolution.

I then put a regular brand new lead acid battery out of my beta in there, and that didn't work either.

Now going back a few months I talked to Jubal at a demo specifically about these bikes and the starters and he mentioned Noah never had to kick his bike.

The reason for this thread is 1) to let people know that they need to check their batteries before even leaving the dealer and 2) don't expect any resolution in a timely fashion at all.

I've been a long time gasgas owner, but after this fiasco I'll never buy another. I literally got called stupid because I expressed my concerns over my new bike not working.

They've removed me from the GG facebook group as well since I've exposed a weakness in the bike. not happy.. and the very last GG that will ever be in my shop.

Last edited by markwoodlief; 10-22-2017 at 01:51 PM.

Old 10-22-2017, 01:52 PM
Super Moderator

Resolution and diagnosing should be done by your local dealer.
Have you done that?
Old 10-22-2017, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasgasman View Post
Resolution and diagnosing should be done by your local dealer.
Have you done that?
my local dealer has tried apparently. But no one seems to have a clue after 3 weeks. It's a HUGE issue, I received 8 different msg's in a short amount of time from others that were too afraid to say something online for fear of getting removed from the group, as I did.

GasGas is not doing this correctly at all. And literally telling me I'm wrong for even mentioning it. I tried to be quite, ask my dealer about it, who then asked GG about it, but no one has an answer for me.

My bike is for sale now, and i'll be shopping elsewhere from now on.
Old 10-22-2017, 05:27 PM

Well this sucks. Just ordered a 250. I'm sure I can sort out a starter issue but GasGas not helping doesn't sound like a good start rebuilding a brand.
Old 10-22-2017, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arminhammer View Post
Well this sucks. Just ordered a 250. I'm sure I can sort out a starter issue but GasGas not helping doesn't sound like a good start rebuilding a brand.
The bikes are decent, not knocking the bikes. They are really good, just bummed about my particular issue, and particularly how it's been handled. Lets hope yours doesn't have the same issue, you will love the bike.
Old 10-23-2017, 01:48 AM
Super Moderator

Given the age of it the local dealer should indeed be helping you out. If not that dealer than the company definitely should be.

In saying that though, things are new.. knowledge base needs to be established. Parts supply etc probably won't be on hand yet for harnesses. I'd be asking your local dealer to have a reputable auto electrician investigate at their expense if it's beyond their ability.

Now just curious, but what exactly does it do? What has been tried to problem solve thus far?
Old 10-23-2017, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
Given the age of it the local dealer should indeed be helping you out. If not that dealer than the company definitely should be.

In saying that though, things are new.. knowledge base needs to be established. Parts supply etc probably won't be on hand yet for harnesses. I'd be asking your local dealer to have a reputable auto electrician investigate at their expense if it's beyond their ability.

Now just curious, but what exactly does it do? What has been tried to problem solve thus far?
wont start with the estart at all. Put a brand new LI battery in it, took it from 100-10 percent in about 2 seconds. Put a brand new lead acid battery in it. Cooked the battery first crank over of the bike. Yet no one knows what's happening. Also it just randomly dies now. That's a new symptom. I'm taking it in tomorrow and dropping it off. If they have it for more than a few weeks then it's time to start yelling. I paid 10k for this thing, and it's not working as expected.
Old 10-23-2017, 01:38 PM

So the motor is spinning and its not starting? I know buy dumb questions. Is it getting fuel? Is there spark? Is there compression? I assume its getting air and the filter is clean?

1999 GG EC 250 Six Days
1999 Cagiva Gran Canyon
2001 Aprilia Falco
2001 Triumph Speed Triple for my 20 year old
2000 GG XC250 for my 20 year old
2003 Honda Rancher 350 for the wife
Old 10-23-2017, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadfield4wd View Post
So the motor is spinning and its not starting? I know buy dumb questions. Is it getting fuel? Is there spark? Is there compression? I assume its getting air and the filter is clean?
yes, the bike has only about 100 miles on it. The motor spins, but barely. The first time with a brand new battery it'll spin fast for a few seconds, then completely drains a new battery..

I have had some good info from the UK about others that are having to get their stators rewound correctly. Also the US Importers and I have a conference call in the AM to discuss further actions.
Old 10-23-2017, 01:45 PM

You’re able to kick it and start then?

1999 GG EC 250 Six Days
1999 Cagiva Gran Canyon
2001 Aprilia Falco
2001 Triumph Speed Triple for my 20 year old
2000 GG XC250 for my 20 year old
2003 Honda Rancher 350 for the wife
Closed Thread