Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-01-2013, 03:45 PM

Default Alternatives to Camelbak

For years I've been using and loving my Camelbak Mule. However, I recently discovered that Camelbak is one of the retailers behind the push for The Greater Canyonlands National Monument (http://www.suwa.org/wp-content/uploa...lersLetter.pdf) and I cannot in good conscience continue to use their products.

If this goes through, this not only will kill all of the riding opportunities in this area, which includes areas in Moab and the Whitewash Sand dunes, it could very well change locals' very way of life. Many of us still use wood harvested from these public lands (legally of course) to heat our homes, myself included. There are also many that rely on meat that is hunted on these lands to feed their families and there are a few outfitters that that have incomes derived from guiding hunts on these lands...sorry for the rant, it just really pisses me off!

Anyway, I just wondered what hydration packs you guys are using. I'm not a racer but often do longer trail rides (50+ miles) and like the 100 oz bladder and room for tools and food that my Mule provides. I will soon be removing the Camelbak Mule patch from my pack and sending it with a (respectful) rant letter to Camelbak and then destroying the pack.

So, any suggestions?

Also, if you don't mind, and want to do anything you can to stop this absurdity from happening go here and sign this petition:
http://www.change.org/petitions/pres...ional-monument

Thanks, all. Rant over.