Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > GasGas Member Polls

GasGas Member Polls Find out what everyone thinks about it!

Old 07-01-2012, 08:18 PM

Well, Amsoil seems to be very popular. What about Maxima Castor 927? I was told it was good.
Trying to decide which oil to start running in new bike. I like to start off with a good oil and stick with it.
Old 07-01-2012, 08:59 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post
Well, Amsoil seems to be very popular. What about Maxima Castor 927? I was told it was good.
Trying to decide which oil to start running in new bike. I like to start off with a good oil and stick with it.
Casters smell good but are dirty and tend to gum things up. Ideally for trail work you want a synthetic/semi synthetic with a relatively low flash point. This will provide good lubing without too much gumming/carbon/spooge. Going top of the line using ends up with a high flash point which means half the oil ends up coming out the exhaust.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:08 AM

Quote:
the maxima does work well. With the Castor/Benol oils, you need to be an A or AA rider. The ones that keep the gas pinned will benefit the most. I agree with running the synthetics for the average guys.

I have always tried to run company's products that I know support our sport the most. For years I ran the Klotz oils which worked well and smell the best IMO but mainly because they always had a support trailer at most of the races and would be title sponsor of some.

Times have changed now and other companies are stepping up and so has my oil choices. Don't know if there is any oil out of the big companies that is really better than the other, you just find what you like and want the best and run it. I just try to support the ones who support our passion to ride and race.
Old 02-14-2014, 07:28 PM

Quote:
I have been using 927 for quite some time now and have not had one issue with gumming or being dirty. The maxima 927 pro formula is not your average old castor oil. The stuff is awesome.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:33 PM

Amsoil Dominator here
Old 02-28-2013, 10:11 AM

Has anyone used Champion water pumper, a few of the racers around here use it in their bikes with good results. I know premix is like engine oil, everyone has their opinion and they can all work just fine. I'm sure any good synthetic is fine, I don't really buy into the special oil much and a lot of times you pay extra for the name on the bottle with the same contents.

www.gasserparts.com
Old 02-28-2013, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appalachian Offroad View Post
Has anyone used Champion water pumper, a few of the racers around here use it in their bikes with good results. I know premix is like engine oil, everyone has their opinion and they can all work just fine. I'm sure any good synthetic is fine, I don't really buy into the special oil much and a lot of times you pay extra for the name on the bottle with the same contents.
I use it. No complaints. I'd recommend it.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:23 PM

I use Amsoil Dominator. I get it by the gallon.
Works good in my chainsaw too!
Old 02-28-2013, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appalachian Offroad View Post
Jim Cook turned me on to water pumper years ago. It is a very good oil when run at the thicker ratios. It is a synthetic blend so thinning it out more than 43/1 might not be a good idea. It costs nearly $50 a gallon around here now so I switched to full synthetic Amsoil which I can get sent to my house for less than $45 a gallon. I'm presently running the Amsoil Sabre (100/1 oil) at 75/1.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:46 AM

The more oil the better power as long as your jetted correctly, its been proven. There have also been tests with radioactive tracers that show migration through the engine. 32-36:1 is the magic number for a 250.