Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Ride Reports

Ride Reports Tell us all the gorey details!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-21-2014, 04:09 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Default Diamond Mill Monsoon Report 19-Apr-14

"I don't think the heavy stuff's going to come down for a while yet..."

After harassing a track buddy for the last couple years, he finally folded and picked up an '07 KTM 250. For his first ever outing on a dirt bike, we decided to hit Diamond Mill and do a ~30 mile loop that included some nice quad width stuff as well as some technical single track. A group of the usual suspects wanted to witness the thrashing he'd go through, so our group of 7 headed out from staging just after 9:00.

Of course, the forecast didn't quite cooperate. It was nice and cloudy on the way out there - didn't have a single rain drop hit the windshield. Get the bikes unloaded and mostly geared up and the skies opened...and didn't stop for the next ~4 hours

We headed out of staging on Mike's and planned to take that over to Jones Creek. Hit the logging road to jump to the next section of trail and wait...and wait...and wait...lol. I loop back to the parking lot and run through the trail again, hit the end just as my buddy stops on the logging road: "What part of never been on a dirt bike didn't you hear the first time" LOL. The rest of the gang took off and we took the logging road around so he could figure out how to shift with dirt boots, how to hit the rear brake, and a few other essentials...lol.

Up Jones Creek and all is good, then over to some unmarked single track and down another trail that I'm not sure the name of. From there it was over to the black diamond that hooks into Deerfence. Had a great time blasting down Deerfence and then ripping along the special test section off Cedar Creek.

The rip up Old Cedar Creek was fun, lots of rocks for my buddy to practice balance and getting the out riggers out . He made it up to the top without hucking it down and we stopped for a quick break.