Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Electrical & Wiring

Enduro Electrical & Wiring Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Old 03-13-2012, 06:54 PM

Default 1999 ec200 no spark?

My 200ec ran fine untill i washed it,now no spark,,any idea what problem might be?

Old 04-07-2012, 05:42 AM

Default Ingress

Quote:
Originally Posted by davermb View Post
My 200ec ran fine untill i washed it,now no spark,,any idea what problem might be?
Well we know that it's definitely water ingress, have you taken off the plug cap? try unplugging the ecu possible water in the connectors.
check all the connectors in the loom pull them all apart and spray with something like wd40.

Have a look at your earth (ground) point on the frame and scrape it.

what's the seal (gasket) like on the ignition cover ?? could be that water has gone in there and that could be the problem,just so you know you've checked it I'd whip it off and see whether it's wet inside if it is then obviously it will need to be dryed out,when you reassemble make sure you use a good sealant

Im currently rebuilding my bike and when it comes to the re-wire I am going to to use plastic convoluted tubing (no split) and buy waterproof connectors then heatshrink over them, then cover the ecu in a plastic freezer bag & tie wrap it to stop this happening to me.

electrics dont like water so if you get your bike really dirty and power wash it quite a lot then this is the route you should take as well.

Hope this help a bit