Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 11-15-2012, 07:12 PM

Now that the donation has been made do think we could get a little "Tapatalk" Lovin'?

]| DUAL SPORT ARMORY Suspension
]| Hampton Roads HVAC.com Contracting

"You mean I have to put oil on the gas too?"
" Where is Kutcher ?"

Old 11-16-2012, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
The costs to run this website are approximately $100 per month.

Thanks,
Jeff
I'm guessing this site runs on a linux dedi or vps? You might want to check out http://www.ovh.co.uk/dedicated_servers/kimsufi.xml for prices.

I manage lots of dedicated servers for customers, I'm an IT consultant (unix dev). I could donate hosting space or server/vbulletin/php help if needed.
Old 11-17-2012, 12:26 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy View Post
I'm guessing this site runs on a linux dedi or vps? You might want to check out http://www.ovh.co.uk/dedicated_servers/kimsufi.xml for prices.

I manage lots of dedicated servers for customers, I'm an IT consultant (unix dev). I could donate hosting space or server/vbulletin/php help if needed.
I threw out $100 per month - it is actually less than that - $70-75 a month or so...

Thanks for the offer. But you are not correct on the set up. We have a "dedicated server" that is "in my garage" - well actually it's a room behind the garage. Suse Linux, Apache, MySQL, 16 Gigs ECC Ram. This machine was built a while back - 1.5 years ago?

I considered switching to VPS, etc. But having our own machine, we aren't competing with anyone else for cpu or memory.

We had trouble with response a couple of years ago -so I built a new machine and upgraded the connection.

The main cost is the comcast business class internet connection to my home which provides high bandwidth and a static IP address. I think it is $65 per month..

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 11-17-2012, 12:31 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdtriplett View Post
Now that the donation has been made do think we could get a little "Tapatalk" Lovin'?
Oh - I have been putting that off, haven't I? I will make sure you are "feeling the love" this weekend....

jeff
Old 11-17-2012, 08:55 AM

Cool, 65 is pretty good for high bw. I agree about vps now that dedis are so cheap. I'll make a donation then.

One thing I noticed is searches don't seem very accurate sometimes. Are you allowing google to index so we can use the site search function? When I search for swingarm grease it seems it doesn't rank threads with both terms ahead of threads with one term. I might be mistaken, I will test again later.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:11 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdtriplett View Post
Tapatalk is now loaded - I just purchased it and was able to view the forum. If you are familiar with it - please let me know me know if you see any issues.

thanks,
jeff
Old 11-17-2012, 08:43 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
I threw out $100 per month - it is actually less than that - $70-75 a month or so...

Thanks for the offer. But you are not correct on the set up. We have a "dedicated server" that is "in my garage" - well actually it's a room behind the garage. Suse Linux, Apache, MySQL, 16 Gigs ECC Ram. This machine was built a while back - 1.5 years ago?

I considered switching to VPS, etc. But having our own machine, we aren't competing with anyone else for cpu or memory.

We had trouble with response a couple of years ago -so I built a new machine and upgraded the connection.

The main cost is the comcast business class internet connection to my home which provides high bandwidth and a static IP address. I think it is $65 per month..

Thanks,
Jeff
When I finally got tired of being called a racist, i kicked everyone off and moved my server home and stuck it on an old del 2850 running vm. I only have to support about 20 friends now, saving a butt load of money not paying to have it <s>hosed</s> hosted. Thanks for keeping the joint rolling,
Rob
Breaking more things by 8:00AM than most people break all day.

Last edited by rgranger; 11-18-2012 at 09:19 AM.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:00 AM

When do we get the fancy avatar
Old 11-21-2012, 09:58 AM
Administrator

Sorry for the delay. Got busy last weekend. Got to a few of them this morning - more to come. To make it easy for me - if you donated - please send me a PM with the amount of the donation and if you want a GasGas Trophy Team Avatar. It is sometimes difficult to correlate a paypal account with the user account here.

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 11-21-2012, 11:17 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgasser300 View Post
Done. Do you have an avatar for a lead supporter? J/K
I had to create a new "Platinum Level Supporter" group for guys like you! ;-)

jeff