Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 12-09-2008, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ud_luz View Post
I started the poll just out of curiosity. Frankly I don't see any reason to start a separate GG sub forum but some members have kind of wanted it.

There's no way it would ever be a resource as good as this site but the exposure might help introduce the brand to more people. I don't see how that could be anything but a good thing.

--Bill.
Hey Ud! Guess what? I came here!!

For all of you (1st post) I was the one who started the thread requesting in TT to have a subforum for GG. I have never meant to jeopardize this site. I don't think anyone can jeopardize this site! All I reaallyu want is for Gas Gas to be mainstream and not an unobtanium exotic. People need to see that this is a great brand and closer to earth than the other said exotics. I do like TM's though, just never had one. Cheers y'all!!! The way I see it you guys have the upper hand. I'll stick around.

Old 12-18-2008, 12:14 PM

Well, the poll is now closed. I think the thing I really got from it was how few people have been willing to take a chance on something other than the big five.

I think we have a very good asset here with this board. I felt we should not start a TT GG section but of course it isn't my decision. On one hand it may increase exposure to GG but on the other I wouldn't want to take any chance of hurting this site.

I think the small advertisers would get drowned out or don't have the resources to advertise there. We really are a niche group and my gut feeling tells me a small board without a bunch of extraneous noise like might happen on TT is better for us.

That's my worthless O2.

PS: The poll was not sanctioned by nor had any bearing on TT other than my own curiosity.

--Bill.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:09 PM

I always choose to visit this site before TT. It has the information and closeness I really seek. This site does lack in activity and exposure to new members is the best thing we could gain from TT, IMHO.
'09 GG 280 TXT (to learn on)
'02 BMW R1150RT (for racking up the miles)
Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul
If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough