Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Old 04-14-2012, 12:48 AM

Default Basic setup Sachs/Sachs

Please share your experience for basic setup, EC300E 2011 Sachs/Sachs everything is stock.80kg without gear.

My riding style is technical - rocks, roots.

I want to start from basic setup without expensive revalving

Thanks

Old 04-14-2012, 03:01 AM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

Fiddle with clickers play with sag and ride the rocks and experience the deflection, pain and blisters then contact twowheels on the forum, get him to revalve the midvalve and when you hit the rocks again the $100 you spent on the revalve will be justified and referee to as pocket change

At 80kg you may require slightly stiffer springs but even With the stock springs you will be ok

And I am saying this from personal experience
Old 04-14-2012, 02:41 PM

I am not say NO to revalving.

but based on my riding style I want to try first the basic things, SAG,clicks...
Old 04-14-2012, 05:22 PM
Super Moderator

I ran my 2010 EC300R Sachs with the stock valving. They might have different valving to what your 2011 has though as it was a race model and all indicaitons point to that. It was stiff.

From what I can remember I changed the Air gap to 135mm when I did the oil. This let me use some more of the stroke but I still to this day have been unable to bottom them.

Compression: 16 out
Rebound: 8 out

It was an improvement and very ridable, but much like the stock valving worked best when ploughing into things. What it wouldn't do well is rock gardens. I'd talk to someone re a revalve. Pleanty of tuners here who can make these forks work well and prefer them over the 45mm zokes. Also respring for your weight.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:16 AM

A revalve was a must for me, too.
The shock is doable, but the harsh fork masked so much that I could never really get the rear dialed in.
Biggest problem with the fork is that when I got the compression as soft as it would go (still not tolerable...) it would settle into the mid-stroke where it was super harsh over the small stuff. If I were going down hill and had to use the front brake, it got so harsh it deflected the front end out of control. With most of the rebound damping in and most of the compression damping out, it was actually quite good in the low-speed action (whoops, g-outs, drop offs). But anything requiring high speed damping was like having no forks at all.

Les at LTR (get well, friend!) revalved both ends and it is now fantastic!
Old 04-15-2012, 01:29 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by andoman View Post
The shock is doable, but the harsh fork masked so much that I could never really get the rear dialed in.
Biggest problem with the fork is that when I got the compression as soft as it would go (still not tolerable...) it would settle into the mid-stroke where it was super harsh over the small stuff. If I were going down hill and had to use the front brake, it got so harsh it deflected the front end out of control. With most of the rebound damping in and most of the compression damping out, it was actually quite good in the low-speed action (whoops, g-outs, drop offs). But anything requiring high speed damping was like having no forks at all.

Exactly what I found. FFW I weigh 75kgs nudey.
Old 04-15-2012, 01:29 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by andoman View Post

Just about exactly my experience.

If you are a machinist and can find shims with 7mm id (hard to), do what synergy seals says.

http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=11765

If you aren't , ths will make it better, as long as you are capable of pulling the base valve out and apart.

http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/sho...ighlight=Sachs

Or just send them to two wheels, he can make the work.

You won't fix it with clickers, it's set up for Spanish desert enduro mx tests

Current. 2015 ec300r estart, 98 RM 125

2013 Ec300r 2011 Ec300e 2009 Husky TE310
1982 XR500 Honda 1981 KE100 Kawasaki
1978 GT80 Yamaha
Old 04-15-2012, 03:44 AM

ok thanks!

I will check with two wheels.