Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 01-19-2013, 05:51 PM

Default Source for top end gaskets?

I'll be doing my top end in the near future but I'm having trouble finding a top end gasket kit. I found a full kit (Wossner piston kit and top end kit) on eBay, but they're asking $240 for it. Yeah...riiiight. I see Wossner, Wiseco and Vertex pistons on eBay (and elsewhere) for around $135-160, but I can't seem to find a gasket kit - top end, or entire engine. I also want an assortment of base gaskets on hand.

Any suggestions?

(I've done about 100hrs of casual trail riding, so I'm going to check out the top end and I want to have parts on hand in case it's time. The way I ride, I doubt it's actually time My cylinder is an 'A', so I'll likely go with an A or B Wossner.)

Old 01-19-2013, 07:02 PM
Super Moderator

Things to consider are how many base gaskets you're going to run. This will effect your port timing and also have an effect on the squish clearance. Its not recommeded to change the gasket stack without measuring clearances. Compression Ratio is also affected.

Gasket wise base gaskets x however many, interior head o-ring, exterior head o-ring, thermostat (water jacket) gasket. These I would replace for sure. Depening on if any other damage occurs you may need a fly wheel/stator gasket, both pv gaskets, exhaust spigot gasket, and exhaust o rings.

Any gas gas dealer should either have these items in stock or be able to get them over night. Alternatively contact gofasters and ask for a quote.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:53 PM

Why not go with Tasky's Metric Cycle? They're in your area and easy folks to deal with (and a GG dealer).
There are no "cheap" deals unless you find someone selling off some old stuff laying around. Most GG stuff is reasonable through the dealer network and Tasky's will gladly give you advice as needed unlike an ebay purchase.

'00 XC250 (mine)
LTS front and rear suspension, power valve cover, carb jet kit and rear chain glide, RB Designs head mod, BRP tall triple clamp, backyard foot-peg lowering conversion.
'04 EC250 (the kids)
(he can do his own mods haha!)
Old 01-20-2013, 09:23 PM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Default Me too

I have learned a lot the last couple weeks from this forum, very helpful as it has been 10+ years since doing a GG top end.
2007 Beta Rev 3 270
2007 KTM 200 XC Wife's

Public Lands belong to the Public
Old 01-21-2013, 03:06 AM

search for Athena top end gaskets, not expensive really...
Old 01-21-2013, 08:37 AM

I've got what you need - PM me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
Things to consider are how many base gaskets you're going to run. This will effect your port timing and also have an effect on the squish clearance. Its not recommeded to change the gasket stack without measuring clearances. Compression Ratio is also affected.

Gasket wise base gaskets x however many, interior head o-ring, exterior head o-ring, thermostat (water jacket) gasket. These I would replace for sure. Depening on if any other damage occurs you may need a fly wheel/stator gasket, both pv gaskets, exhaust spigot gasket, and exhaust o rings.

Any gas gas dealer should either have these items in stock or be able to get them over night. Alternatively contact gofasters and ask for a quote.
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters