Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Electrical & Wiring

Enduro Electrical & Wiring Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Old 03-03-2013, 04:51 PM

Default 2004 ec300 died newbie helpp!!!!!

plase help! im new to electrical had a bad day today, to begin my ride today my gasgas fired right up as usual and after warm up I took it for a cruise down the alley about half way it bogged as though it wasn't sparking so I unplugged headlight after seeing bare wires I taped them both separate and bike ran fine rode approx. 2 hours in wet mud conditions and laid it down on right side (pipe side) and bike stalled I figured it would picked it up would not start it fired one time and it was a bog reved a little bit and bogged out again new plug no spark any ideas? thinkin I have a bad ignition or I have a short somewhere? wish the damn thing had blown up I could fix that!!!! a little bummed I haven't been able to run a tank of gas through it since I bought it2 weeks ago

Old 03-05-2013, 04:00 AM

sounds like a short. Check the wiring with an ohmmeter. As you said it bogged with the headlight on.

It could also be the stator went bad. Look inside the ignition cover. Make sure that is dry. Spray some WD40, or better yet, some CRC electrical cleaner on there. Make sure there are no loose wires or frayed wires inside.

Also check the spark plug cap. Some bikes have a resistor cap and that can cause a problem also.