Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 06-17-2009, 03:26 PM

Default Swingarm installation order?

I am reinstalling my rebuilt motor, bike is a 2001 xc300. What is the proper sequence for the swingarm/suspension installation? I have the motor and swingarm back on, forgot the order from there and I am having some difficulty lining every thing up right. Any help greatly appreciated.
Trailrider

Old 06-17-2009, 06:15 PM

This is what I do, other opinions may vary:

Install the linkage including pull rods to the frame with the bolts loose. Temporarily install the swingarm pivot to align the linkage brackets/frame/motor. Tighten the bracket to frame bolts and main rocker bolt. Install the shock, put some upward force on the lower mount to take up play and torque bolts. Remove the swingarm pivot and reinstall with the swingarm. Install pull rod bolts and torque everything with a load on the system (bike off stand).

I found the key is getting the linkage aligned first before the swingarm. Also, some bikes are just a tighter fit than others and loosening the motor mounts helps, as does a rubber mallet.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:08 AM

Default Swingarm installation order

Thanks Glenn,
Worked great, that's really the only way to do it. My 2001 300 lasted 8 years before the main bearings went out, I can't complain.
Regards,
Trailrider