Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Old 05-31-2011, 07:57 AM

Whats the going rate for a nut and a child? Be about a crate of tui and a box of mrs macs pies surely?

Old 05-31-2011, 02:58 PM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg3 View Post
Approx. 3 weeks ex. factory.Not too bad.Price was what I expected,first born child & a left testicle.So pretty happy all round.Suspension expert had a look to confirm it wasn't repairable,internals are all ok though!
Sounds like a great deal - I would gladly trade my first born child for a new fork tube. He is about as much use as my left testicle, come to think of it i.e. no use at all!
Old 05-31-2011, 08:57 PM

LMAO. Based on what I've been reading and the fellow GG riders I've met on 11 Zokes / Ohlins bikes, 'B' class riders or riders that don't race and may ride at a slightly slower pace, get along fairly well with the stock valving on the bike. Riders that may ride a little quicker, and are heavier, tend to struggle with the stock valving of the zoke fork. I've even had mine revalved and re-sprung for my weight, and I still find them to be quite firm. Definitely improved over stock though.

Just as the latest Dirtrider magazine said, you could ride an MX track no prob with the stock susp and probably feel right at home. Myself personally, not what I look for in a woods bike.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:03 PM

tlineman,you may have just solved this suspension quandary! i'm starting to think that guy's like me:ie b type riders is who gg spec'd when they built this series of bikes. now i'm not sure,but are their "race" series bikes spec'd/equipped differently? i haven't seen one or heard of a "race" bike in this area. this may be a transition for gasgas from all their bikes being Race type, -to having a "b" style bike, and also building an "A" style that may be much more suitable for guys of your caliber? i agree,i'm fairly comfortable with the stock suspenders on my 11 ec300. once I get my stronger( I hate the term stiffer) rear spring,i'm thinking i can finish dialing in the clickers to get a nice comfortable,safe happy ride with the internals in stock form. granted,a revalve i'm sure will be better than stock, but i'm taking one step at a time. i can't quite pass widebear,but i can keep him in sight most of the time!
Old 05-31-2011, 11:14 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchatt View Post
Sounds like a great deal - I would gladly trade my first born child for a new fork tube. He is about as much use as my left testicle, come to think of it i.e. no use at all!
Excellent.We must be sharing the same testicle.My first born though,is extremely valuable as she knows EVERYTHING!
Noobi- I'll take you up on the box of Tui & Mrs Macs pies.Daughter is already on the bus & the testicles in the mail.
But seriously....Looking at about $550
Old 06-01-2011, 03:12 PM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

I guess that's the difference between boys and girls!
Just curious, are you sourcing through a local shop, Gasgas NZ or are you sorting yourself via the internet? ( I can see Noobs rolling his eyes right now. He works in a Kawasaki shop in Pukekohe and still retains his youthfull if a little optimistic/naive outlook on life)
Old 06-01-2011, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchatt View Post
I guess that's the difference between boys and girls!
Just curious, are you sourcing through a local shop, Gasgas NZ or are you sorting yourself via the internet? ( I can see Noobs rolling his eyes right now. He works in a Kawasaki shop in Pukekohe and still retains his youthfull if a little optimistic/naive outlook on life)
I roll my eyes at everything you say B. I will be comparing that price to a replacement showa or kyb fork tube though, see if its similar or cheaper.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:19 AM

Thanks Noobi,would be interesting.Got it through a local gasser dealer,I like to support them as they have looked after me.
Old 06-03-2011, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg3 View Post
Thanks Noobi,would be interesting.Got it through a local gasser dealer,I like to support them as they have looked after me.
Here are the rrp prices for fork legs
suzuki online wasnt working

2010 kxf250 605.93 not available
2010 kxf450 700.64 not available
2005 kx250 786.88 not available
and you wouldnt be able to get much discount on them.
Old 06-04-2011, 12:08 AM

Thanks Noobi,that makes the gasser part very reasonable.So much for economy through bulk manufacture from the jap bikes!