Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Other Bikes... > All Other Bikes...

All Other Bikes... KTM, Husky, VOR, Husaberg & Hondayamazuki...

Old 11-18-2009, 09:41 AM

Not all linkages are positioned the same. So, with a PDS, you would smash the swingarm directlty on the same obstacle.

The GG linkage, IMO, is quite stout compared to some others. Perhaps this is where a couple extra lbs come from, but you know I'll take the weight for reliability. I have hammered all kinds of rocks, wheelie up ledges, off drop offs, RR tracks, etc., and have never had a problem that would make me think PDS would be an advantage.

Old 01-03-2010, 11:41 AM

Default KTM PDS vs linkage

I agree with Cruiser that the WP PDS could be made to work very well in a narrow range of conditions. I frequently felt as if I had to adjust the shock halfway through the 1st lap of an HS race. IMHO there always seemed to be a greater compromise between working well in rock/roots vs whoops compared to a linkage equipped machine.
Old 06-15-2010, 12:17 AM

Well I had a ride on one of these today, my mate is one of the first people in the country to test ride it. So naturally I had a go aswell.

Its not bad, fuel pump noises are a bit strange, but the suspension seemed to work pretty well on some gnarly roots and bumps when moving, considering its a mx bike and I weigh about 6kg... so I was surprised to still be attached after riding over some wash outs and stuff, it also tracked relatively well over off camber slippery roots, which I didnt expect.

It handles well, but only when your moving, it doesnt like going slow, at all, the suspension gets all sketchy at very slow speeds, but once moving, 2nd and 3rd gear stuff it was pretty nice.

It doesnt feel like a KTM either, which I dont like the feel of at all, but this 350 feels somewhere in between a gg chassis and the ktm one, just in the riding position, its very consistent in its size between your legs, may sound strange but I didnt enjoy riding the ktms that I have because the frame feels odd.

The engine is good, the efi makes it rideable in the snotty yuck clay, but the throttle was so light I got arm pump trying to keep in steady, its got plenty of power but doesnt have that big snap right off idle that efi 450s have, so I didnt face plant any trees, but the throttle is directly attached to the rear wheel but in a very linear kind of way, not too agro, I only had one throttle related indiscretion, the damn throttle is soo light.

The clutch seemed to be heavy compared to other bikes iv ridden, still got nothing on the gg clutch, brakes were also pretty touchy, had it swap ends on me a few times.

So I dunno, it would take a bit of work to get me onto one, put some resistance on that throttle, sort the suspension for slow speed, a fww maybe.
Anyone else ridden one yet?
Old 06-15-2010, 06:49 AM

Just wait for the 350 off road version which could arrive this fall. This will deal with some of the issues you were having riding a MX bike off road.

It just may be the perfect all around size. Unless they F up the off road 350 (not likely) these are gonna be a HUGE seller weather they come with PDS or linkage. It should also have a 6 speed tranny where the SXF version is a 5 speed.