Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Reviews

Enduro Product Reviews Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Old 09-23-2019, 10:56 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Default RK Tek head

It has been said before, but I will echo it here - the RK Tek head mod is impressive.

You can ride a gear higher, runs cleaner/smoother throughout the range, more top-end/revs higher, jetting was perfected, I am very happy with this modification!

Gasgas didn't know how good of a motor they built!

Jeff

Old 09-24-2019, 05:29 PM

How is it compared to the S3 head?
'11 EC250R
'98 KDX220
Old 09-29-2019, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS109 View Post
How is it compared to the S3 head?
Someone else will have to reply to that, as I've never tried the S3.

I will add that the machine work is amazing, a ribbed design that appears to be unique. It's interesting that RK didn't need any squish measurements, and has a product that works regardless of current chamber volume.

On "transfer sections" between trails I can hold the throttle steady and not get the surging that usually happens on a 2-stroke. Very little "pop" on deceleration also - just a smooth running engine. Some might say I'm a little lean - and it could be true - but the power is there, the plug looks good, and the strong low/mid pull is enhanced.

There are some pictures and more discussion in the "TSP head mod" thread in this section of the Forum.
Old 09-30-2019, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerj View Post

I will add that the machine work is amazing, a ribbed design that appears to be unique. It's interesting that RK didn't need any squish measurements, and has a product that works regardless of current chamber volume.

On "transfer sections" between trails I can hold the throttle steady and not get the surging that usually happens on a 2-stroke. Very little "pop" on deceleration also - just a smooth running engine. Some might say I'm a little lean - and it could be true - but the power is there, the plug looks good, and the strong low/mid pull is enhanced.

There are some pictures and more discussion in the "TSP head mod" thread in this section of the Forum.

I have one sitting in my garage for my 18 XC300 waiting for new head o rings before I install it. What jetting are you running?
Old 09-30-2019, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerj View Post

Thanks for the "TSP" mention

Because they are local I might get them to do something with mine. I did watch their video about "measuring squish", at the 12.50 mark Dave mentions that you need to make sure the bend is facing forward so he knows left from right..........but you can flip the solder 180 with bend still facing forward but now left and right have changed
Old 09-30-2019, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGM_OFFROAD View Post
I have one sitting in my garage for my 18 XC300 waiting for new head o rings before I install it. What jetting are you running?
I'm running something of a unique jetting set up, I just posted in that section of the forum.

As you probably know, lots of guys run the Suzuki (e.g., NEDW) and Yamaha needles (N3EJ series) with good success. I would suggest an N3CH with a 38 or 40 pilot and 175 or 178 main.

Jeff

Last edited by farmerj; 01-11-2021 at 07:16 PM.
Old 09-30-2019, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodent View Post
Thanks for the "TSP" mention

Because they are local I might get them to do something with mine. I did watch their video about "measuring squish", at the 12.50 mark Dave mentions that you need to make sure the bend is facing forward so he knows left from right..........but you can flip the solder 180 with bend still facing forward but now left and right have changed
There is a lot to be said for going local! Let us know how you like it when you get it done!