Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 11-19-2020, 03:36 PM

Default CDI/ECU Placement??? Wiring loom , speedometer

Hi all,

I have a gas gas ec 300 2004, I am currently building it from scratch. The previous owner put in over sized piston rings and blew the top. He took the entire bike apart and got fed up with the project so sold it me.

Over the years I have been slowly rebuilding it and I'm getting closer to firing the newly built engine for the first time.

I have come to the wiring loom , CDI unit and speedometer but can not find the route where the wires go and mainly where the cdi unit sits.

Can someone please advise me on the above.

Thanks in advance

Old 11-19-2020, 04:25 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

The CDI sits on a small flat piece of plastic bolted inside the air box on right side fender just far enough up to clear the filter. The wires come through the upper right front of the air box and cross over above the rear shock and go down to the lower part of the frame going forward. You should see some tabs that are welded to the frame to bend over the wire loom and hold it in place. When you get to the front of the frame/cradle, the coil wires continue around to the right side where the coil bolts on. The rest of the wires go up the cradle to the steering stem, there should be a single yellow wire with a connector on it that the voltage regulator connects to and mounts on the center cradle . The rest of the wires continue up the center frame tube and around the steering stem on the left side into the head light area.

Hope this makes sense.
Old 11-20-2020, 01:06 AM

I don't have a 04, but I can take some pictures of my half-way dismantled 06 if that is needed. Please let me know.

"So you know, that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill" (Little Feat: Old Folks Boogie)

2015 EC200 Racing: TE bars, Rekluse Core Exp 3.0, 38mm Lectron & Ohlins S3 steering damper
2006 EC200: 2011 plastics, Rekluse Z-Start, revalved KYB forks & Scotts steering damper
1998 Bimota Supermono
1986 Duc Mille S2
1975 Guzzi sidecar hack
1961 Morini Corsaro 125
etc
Old 11-24-2020, 11:35 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
The CDI sits on a small flat piece of plastic bolted inside the air box on right side fender just far enough up to clear the filter. The wires come through the upper right front of the air box and cross over above the rear shock and go down to the lower part of the frame going forward. You should see some tabs that are welded to the frame to bend over the wire loom and hold it in place. When you get to the front of the frame/cradle, the coil wires continue around to the right side where the coil bolts on. The rest of the wires go up the cradle to the steering stem, there should be a single yellow wire with a connector on it that the voltage regulator connects to and mounts on the center cradle . The rest of the wires continue up the center frame tube and around the steering stem on the left side into the head light area.

Hope this makes sense.
Thanks for your reply, yeah a little hard to imagine but I will read it again when I'm in front of the bike and try and take it step by step. Thank you again for your help with this
Old 11-24-2020, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
I don't have a 04, but I can take some pictures of my half-way dismantled 06 if that is needed. Please let me know.
Yes please. I'm scrolling through Google images trying to figure it out any more images you could provide i think will be a great help. Thank you
Old 11-25-2020, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayStallion View Post
Yes please. I'm scrolling through Google images trying to figure it out any more images you could provide i think will be a great help. Thank you
It may take until the weekend, as I am quite busy at the moment. And tomorrow is enduro day (in the dark and cold)

Sent fra min YAL-L21 via Tapatalk

"So you know, that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill" (Little Feat: Old Folks Boogie)

2015 EC200 Racing: TE bars, Rekluse Core Exp 3.0, 38mm Lectron & Ohlins S3 steering damper
2006 EC200: 2011 plastics, Rekluse Z-Start, revalved KYB forks & Scotts steering damper
1998 Bimota Supermono
1986 Duc Mille S2
1975 Guzzi sidecar hack
1961 Morini Corsaro 125
etc

Tags
cdi, ecu, loom, speedometer, wiring