Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Off Road Racer's Corner

Off Road Racer's Corner ISDE, Enduro, Hare Scrambles, etc.

Old 08-18-2014, 02:41 PM

Default Ashley Copeland race report

I swiped this from the GasGas Motos North America FB page, she has also posted vids on FB of her clearing the triple on the Birch Creek MX course- if you have FB it is here https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater

Ashley Copeland Race Report
August 17th VXCS Hare Scramble
Danville, VA

Hello everyone!

This weekend was my first race on the EC300R so I headed over to round 6 of the Virginia X Country Series (VXCS) in Danville, VA It was a moto format race so it was a little different than what I'm used to but it was a lot of fun! There were two motos and they were 45 minutes each.

The first moto started off a little rough, I missed the kick starter and was dead last off the line. I passed a lot of people before we got to the first woods section and worked my way up to second. I passed first place on the second lap and had about a 30 second gap starting the third lap. About a mile in there was a bridge and I gassed it a little too much and ended up falling off. After that I made a couple more mistakes and got passed by third place. I was able to make the pass back and hold on to second.

In moto number 2 I had a better start but I was still farther back in the group. I was able to pass a lot of people and get in to second again. First place had a wreck so I passed her and tried to work on gapping her. We battled back and forth the whole race but she was able to hold me off at the end, so I finished out the day with a 2nd Overall in the Pro Womens class.

1. Sarah Baldwin
2. Ashley Copeland-GASGAS
3. LeeAnn Bange
4. Emily Raines
5. Linzie Dente

This week I am going to be riding a lot to get even more used to the bike and play with the suspension to get it set up for Georgia endurocross this weekend!

Ashley Copeland 412
GASGAS / Wilmington Powersports

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adYAr3SL9lk

2006 GasGas EC250-Sold to a good home
2006 GasGas TXT 280 Pro

Old 08-18-2014, 04:59 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Default Fastest Ladies Around

From left: Ashley Copeland, Sarah Baldwin (expert womens NEPG pts leader) and LeeAnn Bange

[IMG][/IMG]