Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Reviews

Enduro Product Reviews Feedback & Comments on Products Tested

Old 06-06-2007, 05:40 PM

Default Chain Pampering

I recently installed the new style chain slider and an LTR/xr 400 chain guide.

My bike had the SE style chain guide which sucked even more than the enduro spring loaded style of chain guide that is on most GG bikes. The LTR/XR guide is a vast improvement over what the factory issues. It engages the sprocket to limit side to side delfection and does a superb job of keeping the chain where it should be. I rode an xr 400 for about five years and only replaced the chain guide after several thousand miles of single track. The wear piece is about five bucks and also lasts a long time.

The new OEM chain slider is a nice update as well. It has a couple of guide tabs molded into it to keep the chain from wandering back and forth and slapping the subframe, priced at less than $20 it is something every bike should be updated with when the old wears out.

Paul B

I also have been using the BellRay superclean lube. It is white and gives the chain that new look every time. Combined with the liberal dose of silicone my bike gets after every wash, lots of LTR goodies and a crome Doma and my bike turns heads, untill I start riding it anyhow.