Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 10-10-2012, 09:22 AM
Banned

We can be fairly competetive now with the orange guys. The Sherco 300 is the same price as the KTM 350. I was told that Moto Verde in France and another mag, I think in Australia, picked the Sherco in a shootout against all of the other 300 to 400cc 4Ts, including the KTM 350. I was impressed with it when I rode it, especially the 6 speed tranny.

The 2T 250 was pretty sweet. Electronic controlled pv, 6 speed, e start designed with the engine rather than added on. It had tons of torque.

The fit and finish on the Shercos is pretty incredible. While at the factory I noticed that there were two steel plates bonded to each side of the swingarm and I asked what they were for. I was told that they did not believe that steel wheel spacers should come in contact with an aluminimum swingarm. They ordered fuel from the US to map the efi on the bikes with our fuel. They do their own final milling on close tolerance parts in house rather than letting the supplier do it. And they actually have an owner's manual with suspension settings and technical bulletins. I was pretty impressed!
I think Sherco will be a good addition to our business.

Old 10-10-2012, 09:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by john01 View Post
WOW I just look at the XRide specs. and WOW! Take the blinkers off and call it done. Price ckeck and availability please . I've been waiting for someone to build something like this before I have to do it myself.
We can get the XRide. $7999 MSRP. If anyone wants one, please call your favorite dealer and ask him to order one for you. We can bring them over in the same container.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:55 AM

Thumbs up

Good choice,- to bring in another brand(especially Sherco). Not that I care, since I'm not living in the US, but I am the lucky owner of a 290 Sherco trials(love that bike), and I have wet dreams about the XRIDE every night.. What a brilliant bike I just got to get one of those..
But that would mean selling the gassers first, and no matter how much I want the Xride, That's never gonna happen...

And In the end, I have to say, that you guy's from the US are very lucky to have a such a good Importer & dealer network, my full respect to Clay, and the way he run the buisness..

Faster, Faster!!
Until the Thrill of Speed, Overcomes the Fear of Death..
Team YamaGas Racing.
http://bricksite.com/teamyamagasracing
Old 10-10-2012, 10:09 AM

Thanks Clay. On the XRide are they comming over here as a street bike? Did you get a chance to ride one and are they actually already in production?
Old 10-10-2012, 01:15 PM
Banned

John,
XRide won't be street legal. No way to get a 2T through the EPA approval, even if it is a milder tuned trials type motor. I did ride one a little bit. It is a pretty cool bike. They were not in production then but are now.
Clay
Old 10-10-2012, 01:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenrikSchmidt View Post
Good choice,- to bring in another brand(especially Sherco). Not that I care, since I'm not living in the US, but I am the lucky owner of a 290 Sherco trials(love that bike), and I have wet dreams about the XRIDE every night.. What a brilliant bike I just got to get one of those..
But that would mean selling the gassers first, and no matter how much I want the Xride, That's never gonna happen...

And In the end, I have to say, that you guy's from the US are very lucky to have a such a good Importer & dealer network, my full respect to Clay, and the way he run the buisness..
Thanks for the kind words.
All you guys in the US ....make sure you listen to this wise man! LOL!
Old 10-10-2012, 01:45 PM

how does the x ride compare to the pampera? I like my pampera alot for the right contitions, but the 300ec (plated) is what almost always gets rode
Old 10-10-2012, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
We can be fairly competetive now with the orange guys. The Sherco 300 is the same price as the KTM 350. I was told that Moto Verde in France and another mag, I think in Australia, picked the Sherco in a shootout against all of the other 300 to 400cc 4Ts, including the KTM 350. I was impressed with it when I rode it, especially the 6 speed tranny.
ktm xc-f 350 = $9,199 msrp You are importing the Racing models, correct? I think I found my next bike. Delivery is when?
Old 10-10-2012, 04:19 PM

Here in Brasil we have Sherco for 1-2 years and the bikes looks reliable. I had a chance to ride one 300 and it is very nice.
Brasil!
Old 10-10-2012, 04:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tm_enduro View Post
ktm xc-f 350 = $9,199 msrp You are importing the Racing models, correct? I think I found my next bike. Delivery is when?
Yes it is $9199 msrp. We are only bringing the Racing model with WP suspension. Delivery should be in about 90 days. We still have a lot of EPA paperwork to do.