Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by racemx904 View Post
the only thing this news will do is scare off people on the fence of buying....
True that, but if it does hopefully it will be temporary. I understand that there may be a 2 week stop in production while this thing goes through it's stages so there may be another round of rumors when 'whoever' can't get a part or is "still waiting" on their unit to be made.

I would think that all the steps made lately should bolster the argument against this issue being a death bell for GG-
GG is now back in the dreaded state of California with dealers, that was such a sore topic a while back, where are those guys now?

Geoff Aaron is on board as EnduroX rider/West Coast rep, this should bring some good attention for the brand (and maybe some TV exposure, Geoff hasn't challenged for a title lately but he has a #4 plate for some reason, if he were to have a surge in results GG could get credit, of course that goes both ways but from what I've seen he is getting along well with the bike)

Support riders are committed to national & regional series, no GG doesn't have the money to buy Cody Webb & a #1 plate or a Charlie Mullins but GG results have steadily grown over the past few years. To me it means more to see a 'regular guy' do well on the Gasser than a top shelf guy that could probably win on a Zundapp

Impressive full page ads are showing up in the magazines,

GasGas may not be at the top of the heap yet but I see progress being made and I'm betting that they come up in conversation at some of the blue, red, green, yellow, & orange meetings. I'm happy with being a "burr under the saddle" right now

All of these things are not a sign of the ship going down so I'm comfortable with the explanations/press releases I've seen so far, not to mention, excited for where it may go now

2006 GasGas EC250-Sold to a good home
2006 GasGas TXT 280 Pro

Last edited by Fred1956; 01-24-2015 at 09:38 AM. Reason: spelling

Old 01-24-2015, 12:17 PM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by racemx904 View Post
I think they bought husky for the name and the heritage....

I dont see KTM ever buying gasser just not a smartplay....

the only thing this news will do is scare off people on the fence of buying....
Unless they wanting to get into the trials market as well.

Would be nice to have some strict Austrians in the GG factory though, if only for daily uniformity
Old 01-24-2015, 02:54 PM

if they bought them I would say the off roaders would be gone.... it seems GG needs some help....
Old 01-24-2015, 03:56 PM
Site Sponsor

I don't think there are any plans by KTM to acquire GasGas. The Husqvarna deal was more of a BMW wanting out rather than KTM wanting in.
Old 01-26-2015, 01:59 PM
Site Sponsor

With that much debt they are not real attractive as a takeover by anyone. KTM is not Honda. They still are not the size of a company to just start writing big checks.
Old 01-26-2015, 02:35 PM

I was in india for Ten days. I have sen only one Duke 200cc...
Brasil!
Old 01-26-2015, 04:31 PM

No reason to be scared. KTM will not buy GasGas - there is actually no value for them. I think no one will. GasGas has seen all sorts of financial troubles and there nothing new in this current situation. It will be resolved, somehow, for some time. It seems that Southern European motorcycle manufacturers have something in common - there is always abundance of ideas and passion and also constant lack of money. And still they survive, mostly . We buy their bikes for their sheer beauty, some geekiness, maybe for some special feeling they give to us. Let's admit that entirely reasonable GasGas would be a totally different company and would probably lose a lot of their current fans.
Old 01-26-2015, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargusV View Post
No reason to be scared. KTM will not buy GasGas - there is actually no value for them. I think no one will. GasGas has seen all sorts of financial troubles and there nothing new in this current situation. It will be resolved, somehow, for some time. It seems that Southern European motorcycle manufacturers have something in common - there is always abundance of ideas and passion and also constant lack of money. And still they survive, mostly . We buy their bikes for their sheer beauty, some geekiness, maybe for some special feeling they give to us. Let's admit that entirely reasonable GasGas would be a totally different company and would probably lose a lot of their current fans.
Well said!
2006 GasGas EC250-Sold to a good home
2006 GasGas TXT 280 Pro
Old 01-26-2015, 06:25 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

This is just a business ploy to get there interest rate lowered The company makes nice bikes that is for sure . But maybe they should be diversifying there line to include shifter cart engines ? TM sells 8000 a year ! Beta also makes engines for other companies . And there are other things they could sell without adding more extra expenses Does anyone know the total number of bikes they sell a year ? I believe that there timing could have been better, but that this is just a way for them to force the banks to give them better rates .
Old 01-28-2015, 01:31 AM

A friend of me is starting up dealership for gasgas enduro bikes and was anxious due the stories.
Last week he had a meeting at the gasgas factory about his business plan and no-one had bad news about the future of gasgas or confirmed the rumours.
He walked through the production line and stock warehouse and has seen that the production is still going on, new bikes coming from the assembly line and they have enough stock.
Only the plastic with graphics were problematic (there suppliers ?).
So maybe it is just a political-economical issue?

Further I think Gasgas is on the good way. They are advertising a lot, making nice enduro movies and they become more and more well known in the offroad and enduro sports.
They have reached second place at extreme enduro ?King of Extreme? between al ktm?s and husqvarnas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3u54Q1fsbTM
Closed Thread