Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > Canada

Old 04-17-2011, 06:00 PM

Default International motorsports

Has anyone delt with international motorsports with their Gasgas bikes ? How are they to deal with ? Parts selection ? Support ?
I am thinking of buying a bike and they are the only ones with any stock on GasGas bikes.
Cheers
Glen

Old 04-17-2011, 06:58 PM

I bought mine from there had it shipped to me. It was cheaper buying it there and paying for shipping to Alberta. Even if I had purchased it in Ab. I would have had to drive 600 kms each way to the nearest dealer at that time.

Didn't ship as quickly as they told me (I have a feeling my bike was on display at the Abbotsford bike show) but I did get it.

As far as parts go I'm not sure yet, I ordered some riding gear from them online that took a long time to get. I think it was about a month!

I see that the price of my bike went up $1000 since January. And they have the Christini AWD listed as available in August.
2004 Snowhawk 600H.O.
Old 04-17-2011, 08:21 PM

Just bought mine there. I went in to the dealer looking at a used KTM 300 they had and managed to buy a new GG 300 for less than the used KTM. They were great to deal with, and I had no issues negotiating with them on "out the door" terms. Don't want to say what I paid, as I feel that is unfair to the dealer or any other dealers. But I feel like I got a good deal. Can't comment on the parts thing yet. Haven't needed anything.

Prior to going down to International, I checked our local GG dealer here in Loops, he didn't even have a single model in stock never mind any current ones. He told me that if I found one I liked he'd order it in for me. Yeah right, might as well just get it from a dealer that has them in stock and will negot.

Long story short they were good to deal with, and if I ever buy another new GG I'll be giving them a call to get a price from them. I'll also be calling Andrew Christianson in Vernon to see what he could do for me. He's a new distributor for the south interior of BC. "North Okanagan Gas Gas" NOGG
Old 04-17-2011, 08:23 PM

As far as support goes Zach (the owner) told me I'd get 15% off anything but bikes from here on. I think this is pretty standard for all their customers though as they even advertise this percentage on there website. I know of 2 other 2011 GG 300's that came from International here in Kamloops alone.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:52 AM

I don't intend to thread jack on International.
I read "Andrew Christensen" and thought hold on....

Gas Gas Pacific is excited to
announce the signing of Andrew
Christiansen to a multi-year deal
along with the formation of Team
NOGG, or North Okanagan Gas Gas,
situated in the Interior of BC. As team
leader, Andrew has brought with him
three other team members which
include Tom Williams, Blake Plysiuk
and Stephen Bearss who have all
signed a two year contract to ride and
promote Gas Gas. This is a first for
Dave Fair and Gas Gas and everyone
is over the moon to have the
opportunity to be involved with a phenomenal product and a professional
operation. Andrew along with his team will all be riding/racing the EC300 and
their primary race schedule for 2011 will be the Canadian Enduro
Championships, selected rounds of the PNWMA Off Road Series and the
Okanagan Hare Scramble Series. The team will be based out of Vernon BC and
will also be connected to Riders Edge Suspension, owner/operator Ian McKill.
We are very fortunate to have Ian?s expertise and knowledge in order to have our
Gas Gas 300?s suspended and tuned to perfection. We look forward to having a
long relationship with Ian and his business.
Andrew?s resume in the past ten years includes PNWMA Senior Expert
Champion 2003 two ISDE competitions 2005/2006 achieving the Bronze in 2006
in New Zealand and in the last four years Senior Expert Champion twice and
Runner Up twice in the OHSS Series. Gas Gas has been an integral part of his
racing career and along with his team mates looks forward to the 2011 season.
Anyone interested in trying out a 2011 GasGas can get a hold of Andrew at
northokanagangasgas@shaw.ca or 250 275-1285 or 250 558-7296.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by '11EC300 View Post
I bought mine from there had it shipped to me. It was cheaper buying it there and paying for shipping to Alberta. Even if I had purchased it in Ab. I would have had to drive 600 kms each way to the nearest dealer at that time.

Didn't ship as quickly as they told me (I have a feeling my bike was on display at the Abbotsford bike show) but I did get it.

As far as parts go I'm not sure yet, I ordered some riding gear from them online that took a long time to get. I think it was about a month!

I see that the price of my bike went up $1000 since January. And they have the Christini AWD listed as available in August.

i got one of the show bikes.and i overheard them talking about shipping yours the when i was there.i barely could get zachs atention and i was there wanting to load it in the truck

just like tlineman, i feel i got a fair price. "the show special"...cheaper then ktm and seams to be as good of a product.
If i ever get this thing running right.
customer service was not nearly as good as i could have been. ive bought 3 new bikes before all with better customer relations.
I will give them a call at next bike purchase though.International seams to have the most competitive prices and it helps keep the other dealers honest,i can appreciate that.
and will return for parts if i get the discount.Us poor privateer racers need every break we can get.
especially if they will stock parts.my local dealer wont even stock a bike
Old 04-26-2011, 08:26 AM

I am a dealer in Ontario and have shipped lots of bikes to Alberta and BC. I keep a pretty good supply of parts on hand as well. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

I do have a 2011 300 Six Days demo that will be available next week after it is tested by IMX mag this weekend. It will have less than 5hrs. I also have a 250 SD and 250 ES demo priced dirt cheap.

www.rossrochersales.com