Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 10-28-2010, 05:14 PM

Default Getting used to my new Gasser 2011 EC250

I thought I better get a ride report out... but I have been busy riding and getting used to the Gas Gas way of doing things

First off I have always been a 125 guy for many reasons.....but thats another story.....

I did order my 2011 EC250 very early and I have the Sach's set up with 48's on the front....with revised calibrations they work very well with minimal deflection....the shock works as expected as well...as I am used to it on my Husky's

Riding for the first time most noticeable is the light feel and precise front end....with strong low end performance you can loft the front wheel and place it wherever you like...which suit's my riding style.....

Also impressive is the fit and finish..... the HD graphics..feel of the controls and the ease of use as I was able to get on with it right away..I felt right at home...the only problems I had was getting used to the big power..as I was over shooting the corners

The motor doesnt seem to have the upper RPM hit of some 250's..but its extremely strong in the lower and mid where it does its best work..its quiet and the clutch action is a blessing.....the motor is extremely well balanced and my jetting was only off by 1 clip at 2500 ft....so that was sorted quickly
but at 6000 ft I needed a smaller main...which took a little longer to change .....still pretty close

the cable choke works well and is second nature if your used to magura controls on a 4 Stroke.....

I had to cut off a small portion of the rear master cyl threads to get the brake pedal low enough for me...I also moved the bars furthest forward...but the bike in general feels very good and compact.....but roomy enough for a 6 footer like me

I was surprised to see the bike came with a decent fanny pack..CR rom manual....lots of jets..and some good tools as well.....I did add a trail tech and a mudflap tailamp assy all of which was plug and play

Overall I must admit those Gas Gas folks are a pretty classy bunch...and this machine has a very distinctive feel and execution to it...very impressed

I am all prepped and ready to roll for the weekend.....

thanks Clay...and Scott(Ross Rocher sales) and Dave Fair

I have some pics and vids some dry desert..and also high altitude muckfest stuff

http://s935.photobucket.com/albums/a...nt=Gasser2.mp4

http://s935.photobucket.com/albums/a...nt=gasser3.mp4

http://s278.photobucket.com/albums/k...newgasser1.mp4

Last edited by Troy F collins; 10-28-2010 at 06:28 PM.

Old 10-28-2010, 05:49 PM

Looking good Troy!
Old 10-28-2010, 06:53 PM
Super Moderator

Now that's one smart look'n bike I must say. Kinda blends right in with those other red ones.
Good write up Troy and I'm glad we have another Gasser member to our fold.
Almost missed that video link right under your pictures. Hey I recognize that squeaky helmet cam of yours.
I had to cut my rear master too. The back pedal just would not go low enough for me. Glad you got you jetting sorted out. I ran mine for a good 6 hrs before I did it. But that low bottom pull is so so nice.

Enjoy your new ride but don't let your other babies sit too long, they might feel neglected

07 TXT 280
77 TY175
Old 10-28-2010, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyDude View Post
Now that's one smart look'n bike I must say. Kinda blends right in with those other red ones.
Good write up Troy and I'm glad we have another Gasser member to our fold.
Almost missed that video link right under your pictures. Hey I recognize that squeaky helmet cam of yours.
I had to cut my rear master too. The back pedal just would not go low enough for me. Glad you got you jetting sorted out. I ran mine for a good 6 hrs before I did it. But that low bottom pull is so so nice.

Enjoy your new ride but don't let your other babies sit too long, they might feel neglected

thats a squeaky neckbrace !!!

I forgot to mention the OE metzeler tires work pretty good too
Old 10-28-2010, 08:32 PM

Sweet looking bike Troy. I figured you were gonna like it. You are right on the money with the fit and finish; 1st class bikes. Enjoy!
Old 10-28-2010, 08:40 PM

Hey Troy are the rims on the bike shiny or are they the matt finish like the 2010's?
Old 10-28-2010, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john01 View Post
Hey Troy are the rims on the bike shiny or are they the matt finish like the 2010's?
The rims are gloss black shiny.....also some fancy rim decals came separately with the bike for added bling......I didnt put them on though

Otherwise it went together out of the crate very well and everything fit perfectly.....lots of nice touches and its nice to look at for sure
Old 10-29-2010, 03:44 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome aboard!

Great looking bike. I'm really like the new look of the 2011's.
Old 10-29-2010, 05:13 AM

Really Nice. I want your garage too.

2003 EC250 w/ Ohlins pkg
Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats you.
Old 10-29-2010, 06:42 AM

Thanks Troy. I think I 'll end up with a 2011 myself. Hey post up your pics. on CH when you get a chance.