Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 10-17-2015, 05:11 PM

I wear Thor Sentinel Body Armour, Thor Force Knee Guards that I would 100% recommend for ?60-?70 I think they are a bargain and I've had some hard offs and they have saved my knees countless times, I also wear alpine stars gloves, tech-3 boots and of course GasGas enduro pants and shirt, I look fast until I start riding lol.

Old 10-20-2015, 11:14 PM

i use a fox v3 helmet
acerbis zoom chest protector, which i just blew into 3 pieces after my last 4th gear crash, or a fox pressure suit that i'm trying out right now, but damn this thing is hot even in cool weather.
klim dakar pants are so far my favourites since the acerbis impact pants changed to some cheap chinese shit materials compared to the strong heavy stuff they used to make in the 2005 series.
gloves and elbow pads are what ever fits, and stays in place and lasts for a reasonable length of time.
boots are garnae sg10's, or fox impact's for full on crashing and bashing dirt day's and tech 3's for day's when i'm dualsporting at a more casual pace on my ktm 525 exc.
enduro jacket with zip off sleeves for when the weather is variable or un predictable or if i'm a long way from home and not sure of what kind of conditions i may encounter.
Hope this helps you pick and choose what you may need.
Old 10-21-2015, 07:12 AM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

A cooler alternative to the Thor knee guard is the leatt dual axis guards. Same level of protection but more comfortable (than the first version of the third that I used for a few years-I believe the new ones don't eat the back of your knees) and some ventilation
Old 10-22-2015, 06:20 AM

Agree with Swazi, the leatt dual axis are years ahead of the thors in comfort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-22-2015, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swazi_matt View Post
A cooler alternative to the Thor knee guard is the leatt dual axis guards. Same level of protection but more comfortable (than the first version of the third that I used for a few years-I believe the new ones don't eat the back of your knees) and some ventilation
How do they fit big legs?

The Fly shin/knee guards I have one strap fits and the other is to small to fit around my calve without pulling so tight it will be horrible to ride with.

Wonder if I can just put into my boot and put pants on. Would they stay put with only one strap then? I'll have to try that.
Old 10-22-2015, 01:43 PM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12Bravo View Post
How do they fit big legs?

The Fly shin/knee guards I have one strap fits and the other is to small to fit around my calve without pulling so tight it will be horrible to ride with.

Wonder if I can just put into my boot and put pants on. Would they stay put with only one strap then? I'll have to try that.
I don't have xl calves but have them adjusted just about as tight as they can get so I would imagine they fit large calves
Old 10-23-2015, 03:25 PM

I have large calves and they fit really well. I suggest the larger size and ordering from revzilla for free returns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-23-2015, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12Bravo View Post
How wells do the knee braces help?

Meaning, can you still drop a leg and help with balance and corners? or is it restrictive?
Sorry, just getting back to this. I find the EVS braces to not really be restrictive and didn't alter my riding except that my knees can't touch the bike directly. I have no problems touching down or using a normal range of motion. At our races, I usually end up walking around in them all day, and the only time they are really bothersome are if you want to sit or crouch (crouching isn't really an option) on the ground and get back up.

I had Asterisk braces before these and they were a little more restrictive when off the bike and were overall less comfortable (to me).

I tore an ACL back in 06 and didn't get it replaced (stupid decision), so the added support is a must, especially when standing and riding. Like wrench said, knee injuries can still happen and I have twisted my knee in the Asterisks and pulled a hamstring in the EVS braces (not that they are meant to protect the hamstring).

Old 10-30-2015, 12:19 PM

Finally found a roost protector that fits!

Fox Airframe! Fits well with plenty of extra room, so now I am ready to ride a bit harder and push my skill level a bit more.

Time to get ready for my first Hare Scramble!
Old 10-30-2015, 03:08 PM

I wudnt get to crazy with gear.The tendency is to wear to much gear.Which limits your movement and slows your reactions to bad situations.With gear, less is more.

You want to be making a lot of good saves.Not crashing a lot.
Its a robotron thing these days.