Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 08-24-2018, 05:40 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECRider View Post
Definitely check spokes, mine were finger tight on back wheel after first ride. Check out your dealer or heavier battery and solenoid cables, I got these for free from mine here in WA While your at it with the switches add an of switch for the lights so the battery can get a better charge up. I'd be interested to know how you go if you cut down the standard muffler, it's a bit of a spooge tube. Got a TSP head on it last week and and spooge seems to have improved though along with bottom end delivery. For Springs I put a single 0.46 spring in forks and a 5.5 shock spring for my 92kg race weight. I might drop the oil level a little next time it's due for an oil change. This is for a GP300. Enjoy the new ride!!
My 2013 spooged like a trooper until I cut her back too. If I'm really lucky I might be able to bolt it straight onto the new one, but don't like my odds.

I'm probably similar weight when I'm fully geared up. Come in around 75kgs in my jocks, give or take a few.

Will have a look at the axle offset on the GG fork lugs and compare to the Yamaha ones on my old girl. Might even just bolt the old forks straight up and do some back to back testing between my revalved set and the stock Gassers.

I've found getting the head cut is the best bang for buck you get on these engines. Makes everything else fall into place.

Old 08-24-2018, 05:42 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by swazi_matt View Post
Hmmmm ... might be interested in some of that bling, especially now that I?m a bit closer to you.

Congrats on the new bike you jammy bugger
No worries Matt, let me know if you do. I'm sure I have lots of other bits and pieces as well. I have a whole new linkage and dogbone for the 13 model too, and a rubber airboot for the 10-11 models. How did I end up with all this stuff? Billet Smart carb anyone?
Old 08-24-2018, 07:34 PM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Hey. I've sent you a pm 'elsewhere' too!
Will be keen on some of the parts
Jonathan
Old 08-28-2018, 05:51 AM

Ive just purchased an 18 250GP, using the AXP radiator braces and P-Tech pipe guard. Both fit really well and are good value for money. Stock suspension is far better than any bike I have had before, so far only needed to go two clicks softer on fork compression. I ride tech single trails and rocky terrain here in Victoria.
Old 09-03-2018, 04:06 AM
Super Moderator

I think I'll put my hand in my pocket and get P-Tech rad frames (or wait for force to put their model out). I've had rocks, sticks, logs etc smack my previous ones hard enough front on to bend the guards a bit. I'd rather have some metal than just plastic infront of em.

P3 off the old bike fits up.

I think those BPD Swingarm supports look like a good idea too!

TSP Headwork

And that is where I'll call it I think. I really would rather have a couple extra teeth on the rear sprocket, but don't want to cough up for sprockets and chains right up. Although.. I may drop a 48T back on another bike and keep my 50T supersprox for when I decide I need it.
Old 09-05-2018, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGian View Post
Ive just purchased an 18 250GP, using the AXP radiator braces and P-Tech pipe guard. Both fit really well and are good value for money. Stock suspension is far better than any bike I have had before, so far only needed to go two clicks softer on fork compression. I ride tech single trails and rocky terrain here in Victoria.
Got my AXP rad braces & bashy with link guard last night. Good prices & seem solid!
Old 09-05-2018, 11:18 PM

Just ride it already. You are killing us, man.

Report back after the ride.
Old 09-06-2018, 01:38 AM
Super Moderator

Me??

Believe it or not.. All I have done is remove the front fender and headlight.. I haven't even put them back on yet...

Suspense.. It's got me wondering too!
Old 09-10-2018, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
Me??

Believe it or not.. All I have done is remove the front fender and headlight.. I haven't even put them back on yet...

Suspense.. It's got me wondering too!
You're worse than me. Captain blase'
Old 09-24-2018, 06:07 PM
Super Moderator

Alrighteo chaps!

I've finally finished playing around with old bikes, and onto this new one.

Haven't done much but started undressing her, and finding a couple little gg specials along the way.

Centre tank bolt was a bit managed on the last couple threads. Not sure if someone has bottomed it out or not. Can run a longer bolt in a fair way before it stops, so might just run a tap through it for piece of mind. Always prefer a longer bolt for the tank too.

Wiring harness all coming apart and getting packed with some dielectric grease. Horn, and indicators getting removed and just running headlight and tail light. Will be replacing the front brake switch for a banjo bolt as well.

Need to get the flywheel cover off (inc starter motor). Open to suggestions on what the best approach is here. Lubrication wise? Wet bath? What kind of oil? Just a light grease on the gears? Part of me thinks I should just take it off.

Has anyone replaced the OEM switch block with something simpler? All I need is headlight on/off pretty much, and a GO button if I keep the e-start.

Rear rubber will be switched out to Dunlop, blah blah blah.

Has anyone noticed the 2 small bolts in the side of the left hand case where the reed block fits? These weren't on my earlier bikes. Anyone know what they are for? Is it part of the mounting of the Vforce4 block? or something else. Also have some pretty average machining on the top edge of the reed block/cases. Some bikes have this, others not. Perhaps an average batch of cases with some extra casting that has been taken off.

Coolant will be binned and replaced with something else, and squish getting measured up and head off to TSP for some work.

I need to source a new NEDW, have duplicates of heaps of other needles but the only NEDW I have is in my 2013, and I think I'll leave it there.. Could swap it out, but it has a heap of hours on it so a new one wouldn't be a bad thing anyway.

I'm liking the looks of the P-tech rad braces. May try and source a set. Have used force previously but their customer service has been average so happy to shop around.

I might try snap a couple pictures to add.

Ooo.. Pulled the OEM kick starter off to add a YZ one and noticed they have been super generous with the Loctite on there!