Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Other Bikes... > All Other Bikes...

All Other Bikes... KTM, Husky, VOR, Husaberg & Hondayamazuki...

Old 04-11-2008, 06:43 PM

GG parts has not been an issue for me and have have been getting parts from Dirt Action Services in Chch. Parts usually arrive in a day or three.

However I think they may have dropped the GG line due to the importers pressure to carry (buy) the whole range of parts.

Also I have got a bit of stuff from Gofasters and they have been very good.

K

05 Pampera 250

Old 04-12-2008, 03:14 PM

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim View Post
GG parts has not been an issue for me and have have been getting parts from Dirt Action Services in Chch. Parts usually arrive in a day or three.

However I think they may have dropped the GG line due to the importers pressure to carry (buy) the whole range of parts.

Also I have got a bit of stuff from Gofasters and they have been very good.

K
Hi Kim the worst thing is that the Gas Gas has never broken (I have) so this is the first Gassa item i've ever needed (piston & rings (not really a major)) in 5 years.
The bike itself will go down as one of the all time stunning bikes ive ever owned, But the bits have been on order for over 9 months thru one of there dealers.

My local dealer is excellent and has mentioned the problem many times to the importers but they don't seem to interested in doing anything about it.
I was looking at the new EC200 but have now decided to go with the TM EN144,
Alex
2001 BETA REV3 (mine)
1983 Yamaha IT175 (vintage mx)
1989 Yamaha tzr 250 (my x road race bike)
1997 Polaris Hurricane jet ski(my x race ski)
Old 04-20-2008, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAWMAN View Post
OK,

I got in a quick buzz on the 300. his has the steel frame, so I guess it is the '07. it is a beautiful bike! but I would worry about scratching those blue rims...

the ergos are very tight, those italians must be compact people. the bike takes a serious boot to start it, & the motor is very barky--big piston + minimal silencer, I guess.

the bike still needs a little fine tuning at the bottom of the range, it was a little rich, but once it cleans out, it goes! it has a lot of mid & top. it has less bottom & WAY more top than a KTM 300; it has more of a hit than the GG 300. it's fun, but I'm not sure I'd want to hang on to it all day in tight conditions.

I'll post back once he gets it fully sorted out.
Mine is an 07. I got the jetting cleaned up. I put in a needle from Watson Performance and it cleaned up the transition.
I added a tall seat as well. The bike is EXTREMELY fast. It hits hard and just keeps pulling.
It's not a beginner bike and nothing like a KTM300.

All that said, it handles better than any bike I have ever ridden. I love the thing. I will be
getting a GasGas EC300 next week so I'll have a good comparison between the 2. The
GasGas had better be good.

09 Husaberg FE450
08 GasGas DE300
07 TM EN300
07 GasGas TXT Pro 280
Old 05-05-2008, 03:11 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

And? what's the status, Tim?
Old 05-06-2008, 08:40 PM

I haven't ridden the GasGas much besides goofing off on it. I should have my stabilizer and all on for a ride on it this weekend. I'll take it to Westpoint and run her through the single track. The TM works very well there and loves the rocks @ Bismarck and Brock Creek. The motor hits too hard and tires me out late in the day. I think the GasGas motor will be just the ticket. I'll do a side by side comparison between the 2, pros and cons. The TM is WAY better in every aspect than any KTM I have ever owned or ridden.

You up for a ride @ Westpoint this weekend? New single track section there that is just sick tight.

09 Husaberg FE450
08 GasGas DE300
07 TM EN300
07 GasGas TXT Pro 280
Old 05-07-2008, 09:36 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

man I would love to go but I have toddler detail this w/e & next, the price I had to pay to do Lead Belt last w/e & Clanton on the 25th. have fun & enjoy the new bike; I am sure you will, the KTM & TM are more fun for the 1st hour maybe, but the GG is an easy bike to ride hard all day.