Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Electrical & Wiring

Enduro Electrical & Wiring Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Old 07-25-2014, 08:23 AM

Default Extra wires from stator on 2012?

Having some trouble with my battery not charging and the headlight not working.
It's a 2012 Ec300R
I've looked and tried to follow the problem back but its proving difficult without completely stripping all wires out.
I've discovered two wires coming from the stator that are not plugged into anything. One is yellow and the other is white.

According to the wiring diagram (I think ) it is wire 43 and 44 and they go into "Number 9". Can anyone tell me what number 9 is?

It appears like a wire or connection is missing and it should somehow get back to the battery and the headlight etc...

The speedo works fine and the indicators work when I test them with a basic lamp.

Edit:
I was told it was a demo and that is why it has E start. So going off the E start diagram it is wire 62 and 63 going into "11"
The starter doesn't work at all anymore. Doesn't even turn over. It used to be ok but I think that might be unrelated as it sounded horrible just before it stopped working.

Any help with the extra wires would be awesome!

Last edited by The Angry Chook; 07-25-2014 at 08:59 AM.

Old 07-25-2014, 09:55 AM

Since your battery won't be charging because of the disconnected wires, your estart will function poorly too.

Both the yellow and white wires connect to the voltage reg/rectifier. They don't go there directly, but connect to other wires that do.

The yellow wire is regulated for ~12VAC and connects to your lights through various yellow wires (or different colours after going through switches).

The white wire is rectified to ~14VDC for battery charging. This DC voltage comes out on a red/black wire and goes through a fuse to the starter relay and battery (also the ignition switch if equipped).

Chassis ground is the reference point for both voltages, meaning that the other side of both circuits is grounded at both the engine and the chassis.

So you want to look for matching wires that will connect to the existing white and yellow wires from the stator. The reg/rectifier unit should be easily seen mounted somewhere.