Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > GasGas Member Polls

GasGas Member Polls Find out what everyone thinks about it!

Old 08-10-2007, 04:24 AM

After owning many off road and motocross bikes I can truly say the gasser knocked my socks off, it really is an awesome bike to ride.....cant say its one thing or the other, it just has the X-Factor many new bikes dont have......out of all my bikes the most bland was the orange one......no offence to the katoom brigade...

Old 08-17-2007, 05:55 AM

Thumbs up gasgas = tank (in a good way!)

I like my gasgas 300 because it's built like a tank and may never break! Also now with the ltr jet kit and the sunny setting on my bike hauls like a wild banshee and I love that 300 POWER!!!!!

Jimbolaya
06 EC300
Grab life by the bars and twist!

Last edited by jimbolaya; 08-23-2007 at 07:14 PM. Reason: more info available
Old 08-25-2007, 11:44 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I love my Gas Gas cause of all the things you guys have said. Because of those great traits and quality's these bikes have made me faster, more confident and no doubt, a better rider.

Below I reiterate those great traits.

I believe the fact that the bike is equipped with a rear suspension linkage is key to the next 3 listed traits below.

Stability ( I have never ran a steering dampener with a Gas Gas, Les has always told me "if your suspension is set up right you don't need one").

Turning ability. (On a dime accuracy, as planted as a front end gets.)

Power delivery that hooks up. (No mater how sloppy the conditions.)

Reliability. (Takes a lot to break one of these)

Easy to work on and do maintenance. (Simple routine)

Reasonable parts cost for repair. (Better than most realize)

Comes pretty well ready to race. ( as good as, if not better than the rest)

Quality components stock. ( Aftermarket for many brands.)

Its different and draws attention where ever it goes.( always questions)

But the icing on the cake is, it looks far better than the competition doing what its built to do, Win!

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!
Old 09-01-2007, 07:11 PM

I like my imaginary Gas Gas because it has six gears and with it, no need to wonder, "Should I go with an XC or and XC-W?"

Rick
Old 09-04-2007, 01:54 PM

Because the search for the ultimate bike is over

Untill they make a 350 4-stroke with injection and slipper clutch that weighs less than this one and costs less to buy and own, I'm not going to change.

Also, if the "other" company can't make their suspension work, they are simply not an option.

When this bike is all scratched and banged up enough, I'm simply getting a newer one.

Later
Old 09-14-2007, 12:57 PM

I love mine because it took me past my mate in a recent enduro on his 07 ktm 200, he was so miffed he pulled out of the race (he's a class above me) it's a scruffy 03 but it flies!
Old 09-14-2007, 01:45 PM

Default 200 Ec

The look on my "ORANGE CREW" ridding group after throwing a leg over my (new to me) 01 200 is priceless, and guess what, yes parts are no more a problem than KTM. They all say what a good looking,well put togeather,somebody was thinking and paying attention to riders needs when the bike built. Thank You GAS GAS, and the only complant i have is yellow is a great color on the bike and should not have been deleated,instead should have been the main color with accent colors on the other models. Don
Old 10-01-2007, 03:54 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Talking

I've owned all three colors of Gas Gas. I think of all the colors my favorite to own was the red. Not because it was the most attractive, I agree the yellow was my favorite to look at, but because nobody ever mistook my 250 for a Honda. People all the time thought my 200 was a Suzuki, and people today often look in wonder and ask if my bike is a YZ with a lighting coil. I've begun to tell them yes, it's a new '08 yz 300, and is sold as an off road model. If they bite, I usually tell them that the music end of the business has sued the motorsports end, and has forced Yamaha to change their name to Gas Gas so that their pianos will never be mistaken for a motorcycle.
OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs
Old 10-02-2007, 05:32 PM

I put this in another post but if fits here just as well!!!

I can't count the times I have heard guys/dealers say the KTM hardparts gas cap works great. WTF--why don't they just put that on the bike----ohhhhh it costs a rediculous amount and everyone is buying it extra!!!!

GAS GAS puts the best parts on there bike from everything that works!

Buy the way---I rode an 06 EC250, my 2nd year racing it and just wrapped up the Expert 250 Championship in NETRA---battling right now for 4th overall but if anyone knows about parts availability its me and I have not seen a single issue with getting parts. And I don't need parts because they break I just wear them out.

Like what was said before there are so many crossover common parts it makes it easy to find common stuff.
Just a few I have worn out-
Throttle tube--honda
Cables--motion pro
Levers--honda---magura
Footpegs--yamaha
Front wheel bearings--suzuki
rear rim---excel
rear spokes---buchanan(sp)
Pipes---FMF if need be
clutches--DP--moose

These bikes are rock solid and stand up to a pounding--in fact I'm still running stock linkage stuff(2years)because the awesome seal(orings) are the best idea I've ever seen on a dirtbike--they just don't where out and lets the bearings last forever---I now think its a conspiracy for any manufacture to install regular seals because they wear out and demand replacement bearings$$$$

Also I ride in some of the rockies nasties stuff and have yet to derail a chain or mangle a chain guide--Best stuff taken from another brand--do not fool yourself and change it--it works! I've been on rutty nasty rides where I was the only bike that didn't derail a chain. I wasn't riding with any huskies though

This bike is awesome and the distributorship is killing one of the best all around bikes ever made!
Old 11-18-2007, 01:23 PM

Talking My 200 EC

Well the season is come to a stand still being its deer season in Michigan, my GasGas has proven flawless, Ive crashed,Ive rode hard,Ive crashed and re-worked the rear fender put a set of rear wheel bearings, cut the bars down to 30" and stoped crashing. Im getting faster every time I throw a leg over and My good friend has set the suspension settings this is the best bike ive ever ridden its a GasGas and what more can be said those who ride will buy and that fact will above all keep this brand alive and well. Thank You GasGas for building an excellent ride and Ill be looking to convert my brother next season to a 250ec. Don