Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2018, 03:39 AM

Question Motocross Center not allowed to sell to USA???

I've been looking at Motocross center for parts as the dealerships in the USA seem to be charging many times more than what Motocross center is selling for the same parts. I was also looking to order the 01-06 > 13 update when it is back in stock. However I received this email from them just now.
"Hi there
So sorry about, but gas gas Factory provide us to sell parts to Usa, triying to protect your own national dealers,then please you must ask to your own national gas gas dealers
So sorry again
Motocrosscenter.com"

How was everyone else able to order their parts from them? Is this a new development?
So dealers in the USA know Gas Gas blocks overseas dealers selling to us so they tax the hell out of us?

At Motocross Center I could get clutch friction plates, steel plates, springs, brake pads and a bunch of little things like bolts, chain guide, slider, spoke nuts, etc for what gasgaspartsguy is selling for the clutch friction plates alone. From what I've read, gofasters used to charge $800 for the modification kit when Motocross center sells it for less then $500. That is outrageous.
I sure hope I'm missing something here.

Old 07-02-2018, 06:01 AM

Nope, you aren't missing anything, you've got it spot on. I find myself in the same boat, often. They will not sell factory parts, aftermarket OK. Be creative, there are workarounds for this. Some of the things you've mentioned can be purchased aftermarket here in the states.

The US dealers (Matto especially) and Gas Gas USA have been absolutely great to work with, but the price disparity remains.
Old 07-02-2018, 06:13 AM

I've been looking at a new plastics/graphics kit and, even through Motocrosscenter, they ain't cheap. No way I'm going to pay double that price here in the US. I completely understand and support GG protecting it's US dealer network but there is no way things should cost twice as much or even much more.
'11 EC250R
'98 KDX220
Old 07-02-2018, 07:06 AM

Wow, that's really disappointing, Gas Gas and US dealers are really shooting themselves in the foot with this one. I love Gas Gas motorcycles, and the 14-17 year bikes have been on my wish list for a while, but I don't think I will purchase another GG as long as this practice continues. Gas Gas is pretty obscure in the US and they're not doing themselves any favors with this.

As far as aftermarket support, I've read on this forum that aftermarket clutches don't really play all that well with GG's and that OEM is really the best option? Also, aftermarket support seems to be really spotty for my bike ('04 450 SM). I know there is some crossover, but finding a definitive answer on what will and won't work is really frustrating. The newer bikes, and especially the 2T's seem to have a fair amount more support.
Old 07-02-2018, 08:03 AM
Super Moderator

I'm closing this thread.
It has already been beaten like a dead horse.

GasGas/Torrot corporate set this "ban" in place so that the local dealers can survive.
Closed Thread