Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Mini Gasser 's Corner

Mini Gasser 's Corner GasGas Mini Bike Forum. EC Boy Heaven.

Old 07-23-2009, 05:42 AM

Maybe by sending an e-mail to info@gasgasmotoren.nl
i will tel him that he might get an e-mail from SA about a GG 65cc

Old 11-11-2009, 06:47 AM

He, Brains,
Did you had some news from Oerlemans or thit you find your own solutions?
You may have some problems with connecting him. He has to reorganize his company because of the lost of gasgasimportership.( a strange story on behalf of the factory) Which means that i have some problems with getting spare gg parts.
Mean while the clutch from my sons mc 65 has died. Now i have to find time to repear it. It seems that the standard clutchplates are insufficiant for the work. I'm putting new plates in it, 4 instead of 3. Wich is recommended from Oerlemans in the netherlands. well back to work
Old 11-11-2009, 11:52 PM

I haven't done anything with the MC 65 for a couple of months as Jarred has been on a KTM 65 for a while now. The MC 65 is sitting in the garage, but I am always looking for more information.
Old 11-12-2009, 01:42 PM

Brains, how would you compare the two (GasGas, KTM... also looking at Cobra) for trail riding. My son's ready for a 65 in spring. He will do a few MX races for fun but main use will be west-coast enduro-style riding. Thanks!

Ride to work: Pedal bike or 1986 Suzuki GS400S
Ride for fun: 2007 GasGas EC300
www.FVDRA.com
http://www.bluemountainmotorcycleclub.com
www.TeamCoastalCycling.com
Old 11-16-2009, 07:11 AM

The SX is lighter turns tighter and has more balls. I am a GG fan, but I have to bite my lip and say that the SX is a better bike. Mine is running V Force 3 reeds and FMF Faty pipe. 230 main with clip at the top. A great enduro bike.

They both have the same forks - Mazocs.

The carb on the SX is easer to set up than that Italian "thing" on the MC, but I think in 08 the MC went to a Jap carb.

Jarred has finished 2nd over all in Enduro and 2nd over all in Off road this year on the SX.

For me the KTM spares are easy to get. I can't comment on the cobra although I have heard that the GG and Cobra are simular.

The SX changed in 09 to a whole new bike. We have the 07, no problems. I think from 02 to 07 were much the same bike.

The MC is not a bad bike at all, Jarred just prefers the SX and so do I.

Hope that helps
Old 11-16-2009, 08:35 AM

Baie Dankie!
Great answer and we'll see what bikes become available this winter for my boy!

www.FVDRA.com
Old 11-16-2009, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerdFrog View Post
Baie Dankie!
Where did you learn that?
Old 11-16-2009, 12:59 PM

I spent my Christmases in Cape Town while our family lived in Zaire (now D.R. of Congo). Though I have to admit having to look up Wikipedia to make sure that it did in fact mean "Thank-you" before replying...

I always thought I'd marry a south-african girl (I fell in love for the first time in Cape Town, a tall blonde...) I guess the exotism of canadian beaver overcame me while I was at my weakest in my early 20's in Vancouver... Now the roots have grown deep and strong!

www.FVDRA.com
Old 11-16-2009, 01:24 PM

Who said the world was a "small place".........correct.

One thing that never ceases to amaze me especially with international forums like this one is the fact that regardless if we have sons that ride or we ride with our sons or any mix up of the two, this includes mothers and daughters, is the fact that we have a common goal. On this particular forum we want the best for our kids, meaning we want to give them the best bike to ride that we can. Why? because we want our kids to have as much fun as we have.

Basicly what I am saying is that it is good to share a common goal with fathers from around the world and it makes the world a whole lot smaller
Old 12-08-2009, 11:14 AM

Say I have an 06 mc65 I would like to sell. I had ign. problems but put in a new stator and it works awesome now. My boy is on a yz85 now so this one has to go $1200 obo. Also these bikes had to long of steering stops so I cut those down now it corners nice and tight. If you are interested call me @ 763-286-6830 or e-mail teammotolizard@hotmail.com my name is Sam.