Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 12-03-2006, 11:33 AM
Site Sponsor

Default GasGas and Braybrook finish 2nd in Last Man Standing

GoFasters had a great time this weekend co-sponsoring Wayne Braybrook during this year’s Last Man Standing. Congratulations to Wayne for finishing second behind Knight on a GasGas EC250. With the help of GasGas Spain we built him a Cris Guerrero (EC250) replica bike and let him ride.

http://www.gofasters.com/index.php?m...rub=news&id=59

I’d like to give my business partner Mark Berg a pat on the back for wrenching for Braybrook.

Sounds like it took a lot of behind the scenes effort from Mark (and a lot of others) to help pull it off.

Can’t wait to hear the stories latter this week.

I've attended 21 Six Days as a working Photojournalist

Old 12-03-2006, 04:05 PM
Super Moderator

Wayne was flying. He has the same riding style as Knighter.
The bike's suspension looked too soft for him. Which may have helped in the nasty sections.

It was great to meet Mark in person. I offered to take that '07 300 off his hands. But, he mentioned something about money.
Old 12-03-2006, 04:18 PM

Thumbs up

Fantastic! Way to go GoFasters and the whole GasGas team!
'01 XR440
'09 FZ1
Old 12-03-2006, 04:22 PM

Awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-03-2006, 04:30 PM
Site Sponsor

They (Wayne and Mark) didn't have enough time to work on suspension setup. Just stock Marzzochi / Ohlins.

It sounded like for Wayne gearing and tire selection were his biggest concerns. He went from a 49 to 50 tooth sprocket for better throttle response and went with a Michelin 140 S-12 with a 130 mousse insert for a softer rear tire.

Mark did say that they discussed set up for next year like moving up to a EC300 and some suspension work.

Gotta give Knight, Braybrook and the other 9 riders who made the final lap/moto credit for hanging in there.

Old 12-03-2006, 05:41 PM
Super Moderator

I think the ideal bike would be a trials bike with a 2 gallon fuel capacity.

All the "problem" areas were basically trials sections.
The fact that anyone finished is truly amazing.

The all wheel drive Hondas were working great too.........until another rider went to grab the front wheel to help the rider up a ledge and it started spinning. Everyone was shouting "shut it off".
Old 12-03-2006, 06:36 PM
Site Sponsor

Gasgasman I would have to agree with you that in these conditions trials bikes are probably the safest bet until you have to blaze down a fireroad at 80 miles an hour.

It's interesting that with the World Enduro Championships eXtreme Tests (XT) and now with Enduro Cross that technical trials riding skills are required to stay competitive. As a whole US riders are lacking from that discipline where the Europeans are adapting.

Now don't everybody jump all over me about some of our top off-roaders not having trials skills, they do. Russell Bobbitt puts most of his National Enduro Series success on attending trials riding workshops.

But unless we start having a few more trials like sections in our national series (like giving the ridiers a choice between a gnarly, much shorter, A / AA trial section that goes over the top of a hill instead of a easier, much longer, C/ B trail around it), we'll probably never beat the Europeans at competitive exteme riding.

Old 12-03-2006, 08:04 PM

I worked side by side with gasgas man yesterday and it was a blast. To see a Gaser nail 2nd place was awesome and for sure at the finish line.

The funniest thing that I kept hearing all day long was the local riders that were now spectators say "I made that before and I don't see why they can't do it". You know at times I just really wanted to slap the hell out of them. The racers were trying their asses off and then some loud mouth is downing them. The funny thing about this is that I did not see them trying to ride the LMS!

Heck at one point during the night lap at Tripple Threat some jackass had an air horn and was blowing it when the riders were trying to over come the "Element". I know gasgas man and myself would have liked to have put that air horn where the sun did not shine!

As we left the finish line area we passed by the GoFasters Trailer, man did I have a bad idea when I saw the 07 300 sitting there. I was wondering if Mark would have minded me replacing that new 07 with my old wore out 04?

The 07's are sweet!!!! And nice meeting you Mark if ever you read this.

Boom
Old 12-03-2006, 11:43 PM
Site Sponsor

Boomhauer

I agree watching some smart a$$ put some other rider down for making a wrong line choice and commenting on how they would have "done it" always rubs me the wrong way. Especially if their putting somebody else down.

It's like last summer at the Canadian and New York WEC rounds, I saw a lot of good American riders spectating and constantly commenting on how they would have "done it" if they had only entered.

But you know what they didn't enter and now all they can do is put somebody else down for trying. I have more respect for the few American and Canadian riders who ponied up and rode even though they struggled in some of the WEC eXtreme Tests.

----

Mark commented on the phone about meeting a lot of nice people down at LMS. I'm sure he'll have a few interesting stories when he gets back to Minnesota tomorrow.

Old 12-04-2006, 06:14 AM

A video of Knights finish. Our Gaser guy did the same thing. This was a 5ft vertical dirt wall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWSRkh3KxwI