Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Old 02-10-2019, 05:06 PM

Default kyb sss help

just got a set of 012 250yzf sss forks to go in my 013 300 going to do the jakobi revalve . first question apart form checking the float on the rb piston do i change any thing ? did the .30mm test on the float how much force is needed to push the feeler guage in? iv drilled the ics plastic sleeve two 5mm 10 mm up . the ics springs are 105mm long 3.7 wire the springs i got from racetech [fit showa kyb]and my ics from my mar cc are only 98mm long do i need to make a spacer?what cts oil do i use in the cart iv got maxima light shock oil 22cts .how much oil in the outer chamber 300 or less ? need to sort the wheel to 20mm spindle and get a 260 calliper bracket thanks

Old 02-11-2019, 02:55 AM
Super Moderator

Lots of questions.

You can measure up the float too, but dropping the piston on the post with no stack. Then subtract each shim and your float will be what's left. The number doesn't need to be 'exact' as long as your method allows you to know where you have started roughly and what influence your changes make. I think I ended up around .35mm float in the end.

Left the ICS alone. Softer ones may help, but as the system works as a whole it's a balancing act. No issues having free play on the ICS spring really, however it kind of defeats the purpose as you'll have no positive ICS pressure acting at full extension. Similar to the PFP on the marzocchis.. it's a tuning variable too.

I have always used around 16cSt@40 fluid in mine (inner and out) because I have a carton of the stuff. I use it in all my forks and shocks. 310-325mls in the outers.
Old 02-12-2019, 01:45 PM

thanks mate looking at used set of ohlins carts on ebay for the yam forks
Old 02-12-2019, 03:31 PM
Super Moderator

I personally wouldn't bother replacing the Yamaha inner cartridges with Ohlins.
Old 02-12-2019, 07:39 PM

had to do it ?220 in the original box and manual there for a 08 yzf 250 450.did you ever look in side your sach ones? thinking of looking for a set of 05 yam kyb to fit them in or even kx or honda .got a set of showa 47cc the cart thread is 50 x1.5 kyb 51x 1.5 do you no what mar 48cc and wp are thanks robin