Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 11-18-2018, 05:25 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

The Ranger is 108kg and the ec is 105kg so it is heavier .

Old 11-18-2018, 06:01 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Maybe you need a Freeride.
'22 765 Street Triple RS
'21 XTrainer
'69 Stinger T125 Suzuki
'23 TRS 250RR (it's a Trials thing)
Old 11-19-2018, 12:51 PM

No the truth is as much as I like gas gas..the weight is a deal breaker..ive had alot of gassers...a pinkish 97 or 98 being my first and a 2012 being my last and probably one of the worst new bikes I ever bought with most of the shortcomings related to bike weight...from what I u understand there engine is very heavy because of old school casting techniques. I've heard and xc 250 weighs 232 ready to ride no fuel. So they have made improvement. And in person the 18s look good! I'm old and not as strong as I used to be so I choose the lightest bike available...husqvarna..my question is if you pull the battery and electric start what does the bike lose and are there any other reasonable priced ways to get weight down to say 216-221 pounds?
Old 11-19-2018, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletchman45 View Post
No the truth is as much as I like gas gas..the weight is a deal breaker..ive had alot of gassers...a pinkish 97 or 98 being my first and a 2012 being my last and probably one of the worst new bikes I ever bought with most of the shortcomings related to bike weight...from what I u understand there engine is very heavy because of old school casting techniques. I've heard and xc 250 weighs 232 ready to ride no fuel. So they have made improvement. And in person the 18s look good! I'm old and not as strong as I used to be so I choose the lightest bike available...husqvarna..my question is if you pull the battery and electric start what does the bike lose and are there any other reasonable priced ways to get weight down to say 216-221 pounds?

Bet you dollars to donuts that, if you put a new Husky, GasGas, and Yamaha 250x on a scale identically equipped with 2 gallons of fuel in the tank, you will be surprised at your findings. You’re right the GG will be the heaviest but the Husky won’t be the lightest. And on top of that, the Husky will be MUCH heavier than advertised weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-19-2018, 04:00 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletchman45 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by memphis2857 View Post
Bet you dollars to donuts that, if you put a new Husky, GasGas, and Yamaha 250x on a scale identically equipped with 2 gallons of fuel in the tank, you will be surprised at your findings. You?re right the GG will be the heaviest but the Husky won?t be the lightest. And on top of that, the Husky will be MUCH heavier than advertised weight.

The new husky's weigh in at 152 as well with a full tank of gas and basic guards. There is a guy on Youtube who got a bunch of different KTM and Husky bikes and weighed them all on a proper scale. The 2T bikes from the Orange/White boys weigh almost EXACTLY what the new GG weighs in at. Some companies just lie better than others. Even the Beta X-Trainer weighs nothing even close to what they claim. Its FAR heavier.
Old 11-19-2018, 05:29 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN Rick View Post
The new husky's weigh in at 152 as well with a full tank of gas and basic guards. There is a guy on Youtube who got a bunch of different KTM and Husky bikes and weighed them all on a proper scale. The 2T bikes from the Orange/White boys weigh almost EXACTLY what the new GG weighs in at. Some companies just lie better than others. Even the Beta X-Trainer weighs nothing even close to what they claim. Its FAR heavier.
I think you mean 252?

I agree with what you're saying though.. Claimed weights vs actual riding weight are all over the shop.
Dry weights can be dry as a bone (ie never filled, dry filter, no fork/shock fluids, etc).
Then OEM weight with the lightest tyres, tubes, thin flimsy pipe, thin engine covers etc.
Then actual weight once people fit all their bits and pieces to protect said fragile bits, add fluids, etc..

I personally just don't see it. If I get to the point where 5kgs is the difference between me being able to enjoy a bike or not, I won't even bother owning one at all.
Old 11-19-2018, 06:39 PM

Jakobi if you do get to the point were you raise that question like me you maybe you will be on a trials bike . I just ordered a 2019 Scorpa 125 that ways 145 pounds and am really looking forward to riding it . I find myself on my rode bike and trials bikes but not so much on my enduro bikes . That being said I brought up this topic not to say that my Gassers have not been great bikes they really are . But I am selling my X Ride that is really light but not a very good enduro bike all. This because at 60 I am not very comfortable on a good enduro bike that weighs as much as most do . I am a simple guy who appreciates what I have but I sure do miss being healthy . Bring me a 190 pound ready to ride enduro bike and it will be in my shop today!!! I will keep my 2015 300 gasser because it really is a great bike but will continue to look for my dream bike 190 pound enduro .
Old 11-19-2018, 06:43 PM

By the way this will be my 26th brand new bike I have bought . I plan to get a few more before they lay me out flat n cold . I really have enjoyed my bikes
Old 11-19-2018, 08:53 PM
Super Moderator

26 new bikes! I bet you've really enjoyed your bikes

I think you have the right idea though.. Over hear I've seen a lot of mates move from enduro/technical terrain more towards casual trail rides/adventure riding. In many ways buying the bigger heavier tractor like bikes and keeping the workout less intense.

I guess the point I was making, is that for me a good enduro ride is about punting a 2T through the bush in a way that leaves me physically spent.. A great ride usually breaks me mentally at some point too, with the reward working past that. I guess once the peak passes and the downward slope commences we have to look at how we can get our fixes in other ways. Shorter days, easier terrain, smoother power.. or like you say, lighter bikes.
Old 11-19-2018, 09:54 PM

Here ya go. Stock TE250i weighing in at 251. I weighed my 2018 XC300 after I put the mousses in and filled it with fuel and it weighed 252.
https://youtu.be/sDe4EAhlsgo