Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Old 02-26-2007, 05:11 PM

Default correct jetting for my 01 xc200 ?

Hi again,
This time I'm trying to get the low end power to be a bit better than it is. I got the LTR jet kit, and the power valve cover a while back and went riding ,not jetting. My bike runs well enough but it seems soft down low and I rode someone else's xc 200 and it definitely had more snap down low. My bike has the motowest pipe. It will run without the choke on right after I start it even on cool 40 degree(f) days. I ride at about 4000ft elevation and so I put the needle clip 1 position higher(2nd pos) than recommended in the instructions. I've messed with the pilot jets too and have the 48 in there now. Does anyone know what I could do to get closer to optimal settings as a starting point? I can't get the bike to idle without turning the idle speed (slide stop) screw way in. I know that probably means I'm idling off the main circuit. I was thinkoing that I might need a richer pilot to get the bike to idle correctly? I have been assuming(never a good thing!) that the higher # means richer as on the mains.
By the way, I regreased all the suspension pivots and rode yesterday and man, was it nice. Alright, that's enough for now. I hope someone can help me and that I'll be able to return the favor eventually.

Last edited by fasternat; 02-26-2007 at 05:13 PM. Reason: omitted something

Old 02-26-2007, 06:30 PM

normaly if you have to let more air in to get it to idle it means the pilot jet is too rich.
I have an ec 200 and im runing a 38 pilot and i still think its still runing rich.
hope this will help..
Old 02-27-2007, 03:28 AM

Poor boy is chasing Gas Gas idling utopia we can expect many more frustrated posts!

Having banged my head on this one like many of us I found I needed a much leaner pilot than expected to get close to a reliable idle. It still isn't right. Observing many discussions on the forums, mostly the original TalkingSmack, I concluded the slide is the key and needs to flow more air when shut. However they are expensive and I now have it good enough without buying a new slide although not quite spot on.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasternat View Post
It will run without the choke on right after I start it even on cool 40 degree(f) days.
Above statement says enough. Yr pilot is way too big.
As pointed out in speed addic message try leaning out the pilot jet.
How many turns out is the air screw?
Old 02-28-2007, 12:19 PM

Default airhead screw

ya,I forgot to mention that. The air screw was out 3 turns but I gotta say that I couldn't really notice a change from 2 turns out all the way to 3 and a half. I'm thinking of getting a selection of pilots maybe 30ish thru 40?
I love my gasgas anyway!
NAT