Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > Australia & New Zealand

Old 09-05-2014, 03:19 AM

Not sure if I'm posting this in the correct section but here goes.
Does anyone in NZ in particular know where shims (fork stacks) can be purchased. I've had no luck finding anyone local as they seem to be a very specialized item and the usual retailers and outlets don't carry them. I've had little success sourcing from overseas either, and those that do sell them are charging ridiculous amounts for shipping.
I'm wanting to make a few changes to my Marzocchi 45s, (as per usual) mainly to the rebound stack to begin with and just need a few extra shims to experiment with, so just a dozen or so various sizes or maybe a small kit if there is such a thing.
I'm reluctant to keep bothering the suspension tuners as they're in the business of working on your suspension rather than selling parts so that you can do the work yourself, although having said that, I have taken my shocks/forks to various tuners when they required work beyond my abilities.

Old 09-05-2014, 04:02 AM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

These shims are 8mm center hole, which is a bit rare, I think. I see you are in Auckland - Norm Cobb - Suspensiontech- based in Ellerslie has shims for these forks. He also has some big port pistons that help get rid of the mid stroke pack/harshness. I got some of these off him, along with a bunch of shims, a chart, and some advice. I have still got a few shims lying around and some charts of the stacks I tried over several years. I was getting right into it for a while there, and made some good improvements over the stock setup.
PM me if you like, and I can email you the info.
Old 09-05-2014, 03:56 PM

OK, I'll do that. Thanks.
Old 11-24-2015, 02:46 PM

What a great thread. With dirt bikes, comes the need for parts. Hopefully I get a few more rides in before I need to come back here though.
Old 11-24-2015, 08:35 PM

Try Grant at Spectrum MC's on the north shore
Radiator guards search Force in OZ they are top guards and will ship direct to you
Old 11-24-2015, 08:40 PM

Default Parts online

Not sure if anyone knows if it's in the pipeline but whilst on the subject of parts in Aus/nz, a big step forward for Gasgas (Aus especially) would be the ability to purchase genuine parts online from Gasgas. Not sure if anyone has checked out the Beta website but I have poked around on their website a few times checking out there competition parts and spares and it's simply a matter of purchasing them and they are posted out the next day. Prices are published on the website so it makes the whole process really easy. I understand that dealers make money from the parts but I have no dealers nearby and the closest dealer does not stock new bikes or parts. Everything has to be ordered in.it would be so much easier for the purchaser.
What's everyone's thoughts??
Old 11-24-2015, 10:06 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Totally agree with that,especially as the gg dealer network is fairly sparse currently.
If there was a handy dealer though i would support them,ridegear and helmets are a bit hit and miss online for sizing,and a good rapport with a local dealer is invaluable when you strike a sticky problem or need advice.A good example is my yamaha dealer(grizzly quads)-when doing my first GG topend i stripped engine and let him and his mechanic cast an eye over barrel/piston crown/plug etc. for a 2nd opinion.Gave me peace of mind and him a chance to sell me a yz,which i didnt take up!He sourced me wossner piston,needle bearing,i got the gaskets genuine online(ex uk i think?)He was even prepared to let me rebuild it out the back of his shop!Old school service.
Old 07-17-2016, 07:51 PM

Internet is ok, but some local shops are good too.

I am in Melbourne and use Scottys in Ringwood, knows the brand very well, carrys a decent stock of parts, and last thing I ordered was a pair of 2010 radiator shouds (factory, with graphics) they were $68 the pair!! Thats pretty good.

Also very helpful for newer GG owners like myself.
250cc QUAD
Old 07-18-2016, 12:46 AM

Scotty's in Melbourne and Sydney Motorcycle Wreckers in Sydney seem to be the best dealers as far as getting stock goes. But Gas Gas Australia now sell parts online as well. I ordered a part online recently and got a call the next day from my new local dealer. He took my credit card details and the part was shipped direct from the Gas Gas importer to me. All up I had the part within 3 days and at a price similar to what I could get it for overseas. It seems that the dealer's don't miss out as they are the ones actually taking the money from the buyer so it seems that they must share the profit with the importer.