Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust)

Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust) 4 stroke engine, EFI, and exhaust discussion

Old 12-20-2006, 07:17 AM

Default Gas Gas SM450 tips

Hello DRZDEMON,

In reading your posts, I noticed you have one main problem to fix, and the rest are nickel -dime items that may require you to do a little fine-tuning on the bike.

1. Slow start problem. It helps to adopt a proper starting procedure for the 450 4T. I have a demo model in my shop that will start after 2 pistons pass over TDC every time. If you give me a call, I'll be happy to explain it to you, but I don't the time to type it all out now. Also, you need to use this spark plug: NGK CR7EX1 Iridum. The pre-set gap should be correct, check it and also do a plug check after installation to see if it the mixture looks right, which it usually does.

2. Jerking at the top of each gear: This bike does not have usable 2-mappings like the 2-stroke. Disconnect the wire under the seat to get the different mapping. Test it and see how you like it.

Feel free to call me for more in-depth discussion. - Jack

J&J Racing (Gas Gas Dealer)
251-649-6966

Last edited by Master Chief; 12-20-2006 at 07:20 AM. Reason: typo