Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Electrical & Wiring

Enduro Electrical & Wiring Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Old 01-03-2014, 04:08 PM

What are the test numbers? Only real way to check a stator is put a meter on it, can't go by looks really.

Old 05-23-2014, 09:28 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

The '05 Parts Manual shows CDI part #M250534007. I see a 2011 250 box for sale, part #250634007. One number off. Does anyone know the difference?

Thanks,

Jeff
Old 07-23-2014, 02:42 PM

Hey Jeff,

Just curious if you got the gasser going?
Old 07-23-2014, 04:45 PM

Long story, swapped stator/flywheel, cdi, plug boot, coil, etc. and still couldn't get relief. So it's in at the shop, we'll see what they can find!

In the meantime, I've been riding a 70 degree 'Berg that I purchased last fall. So I have been able to do some riding, should upload some pictures from Shasta last Feb. That is some fun riding down there!

Ready to get out around here, too, besides the local woods - so if you "have space" in a future outing let me know

Jeff
Old 07-23-2014, 06:18 PM

Wow,that's weird. Very curious what the issue is!

What Berg did you end up with?

I'm thinking we have to do a meet n greet Gasgas ride with the oregon guys! Maybe September.

If you get a chance I would highly recommend the poker run at Nestucca on Aug 10. Applegate Rough Riders club puts it on and it is a great event. Great group of folks from Applegate and the course is so fun! I've done it 3 years now, but will be out if town for this one. My brother and cousin are going to be there.
Old 09-14-2014, 08:48 PM

Bottom line - reeds!

It sure seemed like a stator or CDI. I took it to a bike shop, it sat for two weeks, and I decided that since I really wanted a 2K3 anyway, I didn't need to pay them to swap in their stator - so I went and picked it up. Back home, obtained and put in 2K3, no luck. Obtained and switched out CDI, no go.

I had spark and fuel, but no starty!

Took it to another dealer - it sat for 2 1/2 months. They called me Friday and said that it runs! They tried a bunch of stuff and then took the carb off and reed cage. The reeds were blown, must have broken off chunks and been sent through the engine.

So she's running again!

Thought I'd post for those who are looking for answers in the future, here is one more thing to check that in hindsight, makes sense! Sure seemed like an electrical problem though.

Thanks to all of you for your help,

Jeff

P.S. - I have a DF II with the reeds set on "extra low" tension - I actually have black reed stops that were from a friend who was doing some testing for Mototassinari. The box says "High tension only, low tension will result in shorter reed life." I now believe it.