Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Announcements

Enduro Product Announcements Announce new gasgas enduro products here - Vendors Welcome...

Old 03-21-2013, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
Nylon 66 spacer, 1" H x 1" W x .5" ID, Mcmaster # 94639A880 $11.94 /25

Polyethelene pipe cap, 1", Mcmaster # 9567K14, $7.58 / 100

These are retained by an M6 bolt, nut, washer, and a short piece of rubber fuel line that expands when the bolt is tightened. The idea of the cap is to allow fine adjustment of the height with washers between the cap and spacer. You want the seat base to just contact the cap. You can see this by looking from the side. I also added a short M6 screw, nut as a locknut, and .5" cap to the top of the coupler nut that retains the brace or original batt box. This is also adjusted to just contact the side of the seat base. The idea is to provide support to the sides of the seat, preventing that flex and rolling feeling when you shift your weight to the side.

The result is a 100% improvement and elimination of that cheap feel to the seat.

If you have access to a shop there are many ways to do this. These parts allow a quick off the shelf solution.
Glenn
My seat fix support is not nearly as fancy looking as yours. But it is now 10 times better then that plastic battery box that was compressed and starting to crack. Thanks for your idea I was able to modify mine.
On a side note - In order to save my marriage I am no longer going to do any more mod's to my bike...... ;-)

Last edited by StuJohnson; 03-21-2013 at 07:21 PM. Reason: correction

Old 03-21-2013, 08:40 PM

That's good! As long as its stiff enough and the grommets contact the seat base. I used what I had around as far as stock and just bought the spacers. Don't forget the bolts and pipe caps added to the coupler nuts I mentioned, it really stops the "roll" feel of the seat by supporting the sides, like a conventional subframe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 03-21-2013, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
That's good! As long as its stiff enough and the grommets contact the seat base. I used what I had around as far as stock and just bought the spacers. Don't forget the bolts and pipe caps added to the coupler nuts I mentioned, it really stops the "roll" feel of the seat by supporting the sides, like a conventional subframe.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Oh dam --- I totally missed that part about supporting the sides..... I will have to see how this works and then I can modify down the road.
Thanks again!!!!
Old 03-22-2013, 01:35 AM

Any body done any thing like this with an estart?
STREET_ GTR 1400 (The Connie)
93 KDX 200 (Katie)
Old 03-22-2013, 09:19 AM

You need the battery box. A friend of mine has a couple Yamaha WR250Fs. Awhile ago we started to look into an under engine LiOn or NiMh battery pack in a flat alloy waterproof enclosure between the frame rails(skid plate of course) to reduce weight and lower CG. Project kind of stopped when the kid went away to school and didn't ride much. Anyway it can be done if you think it out. Think two high capacity 7.2V R/C car packs in series for starters, or buy cells and make a custom pack. Make it a minimun size, good enough for a few restarts during a race. If I had to have an an estart bike for some reason, I would have to do something like this because that brick in the airbox design is just getting old and stupid for 2013 and would drive me crazy. I look at my brother's new Husky and think WTF? A simple two stroke thats quick to service and prep is a beautiful thing.