Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Other Bikes... > All Other Bikes...

All Other Bikes... KTM, Husky, VOR, Husaberg & Hondayamazuki...

Old 07-23-2007, 05:01 PM

Well I for one dont think I should get flammed as you so put it...We all love to ride, Im awnsering questions and letting riders know a little bit about what is going on.....It is not getting ugly or derogatory.....and im not spamming

TM does have hills to climb and we are climbing them slowly but surely...So far in the last 6 Months of bike sales we have almost beaten the bike sales of TM in the US for 03, 04, and 2005 wich were a total of 84...the container comming in to the Us in about 30-35 days...with a shipment of 23 more bikes...when those are sold (some are already presold) we will have sold
78-80 bikes, that is in a little over 6 months...I know its not hundreds upon hundreds...but soon we will get there!

BTW Did you know that in the past GASGAS used to buy all of thier 2T from TM RACING? and put thier brand name on on the engines.....we kinda have a history together if you will...wich is a very good thing.

WE need to be together in the promoting of the non Australian and Non Japanese brands of bikes, so that one day we will see a real dirt review of Motorcycles TM,GASGAS,HUSABERG,HUSKY,BETA,SHERCO in an unbiased opinion of riders...Instead of always seeing the same ol same ol...

Id hope you would agree...all of the bikes Mentioned above..each have thier place in someones mind or someones dream...and it all started seeing a bike close up or seeing one at a shop...that is when we envisioned the dream..... Of riding or racing...that is why we still ride or race to this day...

Sincerely Terry

Old 07-23-2007, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian VT View Post
It's pretty amazing that a guy can come on here with another brand of bike and not get flamed.
It goes to show that this is a great group of people who just love to ride.
That is unless you start talking about those "Pumpkin" bikes.

I'm all about the riding. This has got to be the best DBF (Dirt Bike Family) I have ever known.

When I raced the National here in Texas at the start of the 07 season I got a good look at those Beta bikes and they were sweet.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:51 AM

Terry, no problem and thank you for participating. You will find this is a great site with good people and very few problems.

Yes, the pre '97 GasGas EC250 used a TM motor, and still had "TM Racing" on the cases.

When you talk to the factory, encourage the development of a 300 - 350 four stroke class enduro, 250F size frame and motor not based on a sleeved down 450.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:24 AM

You know I know this is a very good site, I usually spend about 10-12 hrs a week on the various forums that are out there and my local ones as well, so I thankyou for that

I knew GASGAS bought engines from TM, But to be honest with you i did'nt know they had TM on the Cases, I thought GASGAS had changed the cases ....Learn something new everyday

As far as the The factory is concerned and us as Motoxerotica...we are selling 300 Enduro and 300 MX very well....more 2T for the Enduro Guys and Gals out there than the 4T ...However more of the Motocross have been going with the 4T.....Ive actually sold about equal amounts of the 2T and the 4T ...Keeps us on our toes
Old 07-24-2007, 11:54 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Very nice content on your site

The bike too.
Old 12-28-2008, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tds2277 View Post
As far as the The factory is concerned and us as Motoxerotica...we are selling 300 Enduro and 300 MX very well....more 2T for the Enduro Guys and Gals out there than the 4T ...However more of the Motocross have been going with the 4T.....Ive actually sold about equal amounts of the 2T and the 4T ...Keeps us on our toes
I'm new here, I'm amazed that this thread had the opportunity to be posted. In another "big" forum a thread posted by someone from TM was deleted just because they where not sponsoring that forum site. Well, I was sorry to see that happen and I guess to each it's own.

I'm looking to get a 300cc 2T coming from a 250F. At this time I'm undecided between the GG and TM, don't like Huskys and the orange stuff, even though I LOVE the E button. I've done enough trail riding to see the need of one. Sometimes you find yourself in positions where standing in level terrain and kicking a stalled bike is next to impossible.
I know from a factory guy that GG is planning on introducing e starts on their 2Ts and I also know, from a factory guy that TM doesn't think they are necessary. That might help me with my decision.
I've also read that TM's are really gnarly to ride. Need more feedback on that.

This forum is great!
Old 12-28-2008, 01:53 PM

I'm not into bashing other brands (I also own a KTM) and would love to have one from each company. TM's, Husky's, KTM's, Beta, Sherco etc...all nice in their own way. Personally I think the E-Start on the 2 stroke is really nice and most people who poo poo it haven't tried it. I've found myself MANY times in either just stupid awkward positions or just exhausted to the point I almost can't kick the bike over where the e-start would have been a godsend. KTM is having a few issues but I'm surre these will be overcome and there seems to be some creative solutions already. It will be interesting to see where Gas Gas goes with this but it will be at least 2010 so you may have a long wait if that's what you're looking for. One of the really nice features IMO the Gas Gas has over all the others you mention is the 6 speed tranny. Sweet. The TM is waaaaay cool and a real race tool out of the box. Reviews I've read seem to indicate stiff suspension that gets better and better the faster you go and and an explosive super powerful 300 motor. Looks like it might be difficult to work on with the new aluminum frame and I suppose aftermarket parts/support will be spotty. Just about anything you need for the Gassers is available in one form or another so pimp away to your hearts content. If you have a decent TM dealer reasonably close to you it might be a nice option, especially if you like that "different" factor this bike will bring....as well as everyone wanting to try it

Please update your profile to show where you are from and good luck with your decision.
Old 12-28-2008, 08:01 PM

Hello there Skidad! I have updated my profile. Sorry, wasn't trying to "hide" that info. Since you have mentioned the Aluminum frame. I read somewhere else a guy saying that AL is not good for trail bikes because of the stiffness. And also mentioned that that was the main reason for KTM not building chassis out of that. I apologize for hijacking the thread but I believe since it's a TM thread this might be intersting for all the readers. Does anybody have any opinions on this?
Old 12-28-2008, 10:14 PM

While it looks beautiful and very trick I am very happy not to have to deal with the aluminum frame and all it's bulkyness. There is no proof of any advantage over CroMoly steel. I was a bit bummed when I saw TM go this route I must admit.
Old 12-29-2008, 09:48 AM

Yamaha's YZ250 aluminum frame is a very popular offroad weapon here in our racing district. I have a good freind that loves his alloy framed YZ, who was a hard core KTM rider for 10 years! My .02
AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

***Thanks for the support : Twin Air /O'Neil Racing / Race 100% / Matrix Concepts / ODI / Mika Metals