Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > Western United States

Western United States West of the Rocky Mountains

Old 02-22-2010, 05:28 PM

Looked like a fun ride and an excellent turn out. Wait, dry in Feb in WA, hmm I still have a pulse...I guess it did happen. I've done quite a bit of riding in Norcal that looks similar in terrain, so much fun!

Old 02-23-2010, 07:41 AM

Well, I must apologize... after much trepidation and the buildup of butterflies in the stomach for this get together, my wingman and I bailed at the last minute. Friday night as we were talking about the last minute departure plans, I finally admitted that I was far from 100% from a good bout of flu that hit me hard on Thursday. I hope you weren't put out by us not showing.
Thanks for posting the picture slideshow! It makes me want to try again next year!

Ride to work: Pedal bike or 1986 Suzuki GS400S
Ride for fun: 2007 GasGas EC300
www.FVDRA.com
http://www.bluemountainmotorcycleclub.com
www.TeamCoastalCycling.com
Old 02-23-2010, 07:42 AM

I am bad jealous !!! I did ship my head and carb to Oregon last week though, do I get any credit for at least starting the trip ? ROTFLOMA !!! Good ride and great story !
2006 GasGas EC250-Sold to a good home
2006 GasGas TXT 280 Pro
Old 02-23-2010, 03:49 PM

Sooooo bummed I missed it ............... dang Truck........I would have rode it over there but noway to get gas there

Looks like all of you had a blast
Old 02-23-2010, 04:01 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerdFrog View Post
Well, I must apologize... after much trepidation and the buildup of butterflies in the stomach for this get together, my wingman and I bailed at the last minute. Friday night as we were talking about the last minute departure plans, I finally admitted that I was far from 100% from a good bout of flu that hit me hard on Thursday. I hope you weren't put out by us not showing.
Thanks for posting the picture slideshow! It makes me want to try again next year!
It takes alot more than a no show for me to baulk.

But...... You did have John, Josh, my wife and I waiting as our stomach growled for breakfast at jimmy D's.

Roscoe

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!
Old 02-23-2010, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roostafish View Post
Was a great ride. Great pictures. Thanks for showing us the good stuff Roscoe!

My favorite trail of the day?......... Chernobyl!!! LOVED IT! I don't think there was a straight stretch longer than your bike in that section!
Yea the Chernobyl trail is either a love hate kind of a deal with those I have shown.
No matter what, at the end somebody is smiling. It's usually me, cause of the looks and remarks I get for that one. That trail definitely has a special place in my heart of the trails I have helped build in that forest.

There is really so much out there I just scratched the surface of the goods. I took the second loop through the bus trail which I haven't been on for a while and it was perfect.

Roscoe

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!
Old 02-23-2010, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro820 View Post
Roscoe-
Thanks for the ride....man, I was feeling the every mile of it the next day! The ride, lunch, a few laughs and the opportunity to meet some new friends made everything perfect. Great job on the weather too!

Jeff
Hey Jeff, I'm glad you had a good time. TimH, Scott, Ben, and I finished with a good 65 mile day, and I was feeling it the next day too. Then looking forward to a lazy Sunday, I got up and my wife made me work in the yard.

Roscoe

Old 02-23-2010, 07:25 PM

Thumbs up

Thanks much Roscoe for putting on the Gasgas Meet and Greet! Although a few of us lagged behind, I for one had a blast! This was my first taste of slimy wet logs and roots in such a high volume. It was great to meet everyone and be able to put some faces on some names. Please thank Yarhna for her hospitality and those delicious burgers! Bob.
'01 XR440
'09 FZ1