Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-05-2013, 08:57 PM

Default Mitas Trials tire?

Anyone know where I can buy one? It was given to me by a guy who hated it. I love it! It is still not worn out, but is getting real bad cracks between the tread and sidewall, and down the sidewall. They look like dry rot cracks, and may be because this tire was new in about 2007. I have looked for Mitas online, but all I find is truck and heavy equipment tires. It is a European company, not sure what country. I sent an email to their North American website asking for info on knobby and Trials tires but got nothing back.

My guess is this tire has at least 2000 miles on it, plenty of it rocky singletrack, some pavement and dirt roads. The tread looks like it has another thousand miles left.

If you like Trials tires but hate the squishy feel on roads, and are scared of flats from the soft sidewalls, the Mitas is a good one. The sidewall is fairly stiff and with 12 lbs of air it has no wander or funny feel on pavement. I normally use 10 lbs off road on singletrack, but even with 12 it hooks up almost as good. It gives up a little on initial take off traction to some other Trials tires but not much. It won't make you fail a hill or hold you back, in fact I think it brakes, and especially brake slides better than most. I actually like it better now that the edges are worn off. It hooks up but feels more like a knobby when sliding and braking.