Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 05-02-2013, 03:29 PM

Default Clutch Lever Question

So I recently bought a 2012 EC 300R w the Magura clutch. When I first rode it, the clutch lever would travel almost completely to the end of its travel (set to the farthest out position), before the clutch would engage. I liked that because I have big hands and long fingers and it enabled said long fingers to only have to slightly pull in clutch lever to engage and disengage......now, however, for no apparent reason, the clutch lever engages the clutch only a few short cms. from the bar. I've adjusted the clutch free play (on the wheel) as far out as it will go and has not made any difference. Its more difficult now to feather and manipulate the clutch lever as much as it was before as I have to use all four fingers now to let out the clutch lever just a very short distance from thee grip. If I two finger the clutch lever...the bikes wants to stall as the lever needs to come in farther towards the grip......clear as mud?? lol

Do I need to bleed the system perhaps...what causes this to happen...anyone else ever had this problem..?

Thanks
mp5

Old 05-05-2013, 11:49 AM

Talking

Well I was able to figure out (with some much appreciated help from Jacobi...thanks agin buddy), just what the problem was. While playing with different jetting, and having the carb out a few times, I forgot to screw the case saver back on and only had one bolt holding the slave in place.....hence the loss of clutch fluid and of course the clutch play......

Buttoned back up, re bled and all good again......learning curves.....lol