Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 10-08-2015, 03:43 PM

Default Sourcing Parts for EC 200 Crank Rebuild

So after successfully re-plating the top end of my EC200, installing a new Vertex piston and rings, filling the fluids back up and kicking it over I heard the sound that we all fear.

Silence.

The bottom end was stuck and wouldn't turn over, let alone start. I took the whole bike back apart, removed my brand new, shiny, top end, and cracked the cases apart. After removing the crankshaft assembly I found a few problems that I am hoping a few people on this site can help me out with.

1) The bearings in the crankshaft are completely shot. Where have people gotten their new cranks from? Should I try to replace the crank and bearings and rebuild it or should I fork the money over for all new parts?

2) Does the crank from the CR250 actually fit or is that some internet conspiracy? What year CR am I looking for?

My problems really aren't on the mechanical/assembly side I am really just looking for info on what parts to get and where. I had a discussion with an engine repair shop and they said they could rebuild the crankshaft with all new crank and bearings so long as I can find the parts.

Old 10-08-2015, 09:24 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Ryan Calies from Finishline Engines in Beaver Dam, WI can take care of you. http://www.finishlineengines.com/

Ryan has rebuilt 5 different cranks for me and he does great work and his prices are very reasonable. He has ported and diamond hone some cylinders for me too. He has very good prices on labor and parts including Wossner pistons.

He has a full service engine shop and a Chassis dyno too.
Old 10-09-2015, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rien Deau View Post
So after successfully re-plating the top end of my EC200, installing a new Vertex piston and rings, filling the fluids back up and kicking it over I heard the sound that we all fear.

Silence.

The bottom end was stuck and wouldn't turn over, let alone start. I took the whole bike back apart, removed my brand new, shiny, top end, and cracked the cases apart. After removing the crankshaft assembly I found a few problems that I am hoping a few people on this site can help me out with.

1) The bearings in the crankshaft are completely shot. Where have people gotten their new cranks from? Should I try to replace the crank and bearings and rebuild it or should I fork the money over for all new parts?

2) Does the crank from the CR250 actually fit or is that some internet conspiracy? What year CR am I looking for?

My problems really aren't on the mechanical/assembly side I am really just looking for info on what parts to get and where. I had a discussion with an engine repair shop and they said they could rebuild the crankshaft with all new crank and bearings so long as I can find the parts.
I have a cr250 conrod kit in mine
2006 EC300 Enduro - Ignitech CDI - 38/NECW#2/165 FMF gnarly, FMF shorty, .50 front 5.7 rear

2016 RM-Z450
Old 10-12-2015, 05:28 PM

I just went through this on my XC200. Just get the CR250 rod kit and have your local bike engine re-builder take care of installing it for you. There is a place called Cycle Therapy in Bellingham Washington that did mine in one day.

Tags
crankshaft, ec 200, rebuild