Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 05-17-2011, 09:52 PM

Default noob thinking about trying trials tires, in the north east

So any of you guys riding trials tires in the new hampshire/maine areas. how does it work overall in the conditions WE ride in? Typical, root, off camber, deep mud wet rock etc etc?
And so what are you using in the front, a trials tire or not or split or it does not matter?
And as for the rear any better than others? And do you use similar width or not ie. 100-110/90/18

thanks

asshat

Old 05-17-2011, 09:59 PM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

I ran a trials with tubliss in my 300 last year and was wheelying up wet rocky hills.Great for everything but mud .As soon as we dry up a little around here im putting one on my 250
Old 05-18-2011, 12:15 AM

Seems to be the consensus. I rode two weeks ago with a group, half with trials tires, half not. We were pushing the limits with snow trying to get to some higher elevation trails and climbing around in some slimy mud. The conclusion I drew was that when your traction invloves you needing roost, Like mud, snow or sand, go knobby. If your tire isn't spinning at all, a trials tire is the way to go.

The knobbies owned the trials tires in the snow but the trials did better on the exposed rock.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:54 AM

I go back or forth. I do like the trials in the gnarly stuff but I don't like the break away upon leaning over.

2003 EC250 w/ Ohlins pkg
Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats you.