Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-13-2015, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Overstreet View Post
Better designed kickstand - it got better from 2013 to 2014 but it's still a spear that sinks quickly. Agreed but Enduro Eng has the fix. They sell a "foot" that installs in about 10 minutes. I have on on the 300 and love it. Part number is 19-410 and priced at only $9.99

Better seat fastener - I loved the quick turn on my Husky. That is available for the Gas Gas. I can get you a part number so your can dealer order one up if you are interested. My bet is Halls, Mattos or Richard at HoHP has one.

Lose some plastic - it seems like this bike has so much plastic! Much more than necessary. I really don't mind the subframe being visible. Agreed!!!

Better battery placement for estart Have you put a light weight battery in your yet? I have a the WPS Lithium battery in my bike. The box it came in, weighs more than the battery itself. YT7S with part # 490-2500 Retail was $99.00 I think. If you do use this battery, take an old inner tube and cut it up as needed, to "shim up" the battery in the box since it is MUCH smaller than stock. Actually, its a good idea to do this even with the stock battery, as it tends to move around some inside the box.
Sweet! I'd love the part number on that fastener. I need to order a new bracket for my regulator (the bracket under the tank snapped - maybe add that to the list. haha) so it would be a perfect time to get one. I bet Halls has the kickstand pad too. They never disappoint.

As for the battery, I did have a Shorai in the 300. My 200 is kick only...I do miss that estart even with the quirky starting and strange battery. Moreso than the weight, I just hated that you had to disconnect the battery to remove the seat completely. Not a deal breaker...I'd buy another again with the battery in the same place...just something that might could be better. Batteries in dirt bikes always seem to be a bit of a hack. You know on the huskies it sat in a removable tray - which seemed nice except that you have to zip tie it down to keep it from launching your seat out from under you. haha!