Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Electrical & Wiring

Enduro Electrical & Wiring Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Old 03-12-2013, 10:19 AM

Default 2012 - 300 Wiring question

Does anyone know what these wires are for?
I plan to install a Trail Tech Vector and the connections on the Vector are different then the ones at the front of the bike.

#1 - Small Black Male end (2 wires)
Red
Yellow/Grn Stripe

#2 - Large Female end (6 wires)
Yellow
Green
Grey
White
Yellow/Grn Stripe
Blue

#3 - Female Bullet (1 wire)
Yellow

#4 - Male end (2 wires) -- This is hooked up to Banjo bolt to front brake master cylinder.
White
Yellow

Old 03-12-2013, 10:24 AM

Here is a photo of GG Vector
Speed Sensor - DONE
Remote - Have no need for
Temp Sensor - working on solution
Power - ???? Is it really needed. You can see the male end here will not hook up to the female connector on the bike(see previous post).

Old 03-12-2013, 12:08 PM

#4 is definitely for the brake switch

I have a Vapor I'm going to try to hook up as well, but it doesn't look like the US harness or bike in general is dashboard-ready from my quick glance at it.

What did you do for the speedometer magnet? My 2013 brake disc doesn't even have a hole for a magnet, so the magnet will probably have to be glued on somehow. On the plus side, it looks like the caliper bracket is drilled for the sensor. I have one that is pirated from my KTM 250 XCF-W that I plan to use.

My trail tech has an inline temp sensor, but you have to cut the radiator hose to mount it. I've never bothered on previous bikes. The KTM had a plug in the top of the radiator that a brass sensor screwed into, but no such luck on the Gas Gas.

I think the power wire is necessary. I doubt the little battery in there will last very long as the primary power source. When I had this dashboard on my Husky SM, we just took the wire straight to the battery. Maybe splice in to the key switch or headlight so that its only receiving battery power when the bike is running? Is yours e-start?

Old 03-12-2013, 12:27 PM

The previous owner had installed the magnet to the front disc brake. I will see how it was installed.
The speed wire I got with my GasGas Vector screws directly into the brake caliper hole that is provided Yes a plus.
The GG Vector has an external temp sensor for outdoor temp on back of unit.
As for the bike temp I will probably just order one of the options that Trail Tech offers on their website.
As for power I too agree that it is necessary.
Mine is not E-Start so no battery but plan to hook into headlight wiring. My plan is to using ohm meter or test light to find which wire is hot when bike is running.

I will take a photo of my front rotor tonight and reach out to previous owner to see what he did to get the magnet on.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:19 PM

I think I figured this out on my own.
But want to share as others may be trying to do the same.

Below is wire diagram for 2013 300 Racing - Spanish Manual
Per my photo above (Plug #1) which is Black has a Red wire and a Yellow/Green wire.
Per diagram these are wires:
#28 - Red
#9 - Yellow/Green

Downside is that the connector on GG Vector will not connect directly but I will just make my own connector or splice the wires together.
Hope this works.

Old 03-12-2013, 01:29 PM

Just remember that you can't connect it with AC power. Euro bikes have small rectifier connected between bikes and trailtec's power wire.

When it hurts you know you're allive!

Gas Gas EC 300 Factory Racing 2012
- Ohlins TTX both front and rear
- Rekluse Core EXP 2.0 + Rekluse clutch basket
- Scalvini full exhaust system
- S3 Head
- Trusty adjustable PV cover

That was ultimate setup for me...
Now trying something else for a while...
Old 03-12-2013, 04:47 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasTimppa View Post
Just remember that you can't connect it with AC power. Euro bikes have small rectifier connected between bikes and trailtec's power wire.
I went through all the electrics on mine a while back when the headlight stopped working (2010 model). It came stock with the Vapour unit which runs the same connections. It has the small rectifier you speak of but it seems to have failed as my unit never lights up anymore when the engine is running, where it always used to, and then would intermittently. I did run the multimeter over it but can't remember what figures I got. It doesn't worry me too much. It seems to run long enough off a small battery still.

From the trailtech documentation though: External power input - 9.0-400 VAC/VDC (No polarity requirements.)

I have also had trailtech send out the attachments in the past for free when I ordered a replacement speedo sender. You could probably wire one up to the 12V yellow (female) for power or the red wire from the black connector. If you disconnect the black connector #1, or unravel it you may find it has more doubled back. To me it looks exactly like the small inline rectifier I have on mine.

From http://www.gasgasmotos.es/en/manuals.html - the owners manual (not exploded) for a 2012 EC 300 Racing, pages 16 and 17 have the wiring diagrams for both styles (same as the post above).
Old 08-19-2013, 10:09 PM

Did anyone ever figure out the best way to mount a magnet for the speedo in the 12?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-19-2013, 10:16 PM
Super Moderator

Same as previous models? The bracket with the magnet actually mounts to the hub, not to the disk.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:39 AM

On my 2010 it mounted in the hole in the disc you can see in this image. My friend has a 2011 Six Days and his didn't have the hole so he drilled one, but he is a machinist and trusts himself doing that haha.