Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke

Enduro Intake/Carburetion - 2 stroke Jetting, Reeds, Air Filters, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-28-2008, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pobit View Post
The CCK#3 is too lean for the 200. The 200 needs more fuel from mid to top.
You can use a C taper needle but it will need to be run in the richer clip position #4. This richer clip position will cause the off idle to be too rich so a leaner straight diameter is needed to compensate. A good setting for a 200 at sea level 65 degrees would be 45 pilot, CCL#4 with a 180 main. This jetting will be torqy with a smooth power band. If the rider is a novice and needs cleaner jetting to prevent fouling, 42 pilot CCL#4 180 main will run cleaner at off idle but will not have as much torque off the bottom. The 42 pilot will also work better in hotter weather if you run out of air screw adjustment range with the 45. Dave
Thanks I'll give that a try.

The bike came with a 36mm carb fitted but wasn't right jetting wise and felt very down on power as well. I've gone back to the 38mm which it came with as at least there is a body of knowledge on jetting that. I'll try the N1EE first to get a feel for it then fit a CCL and the settings you suggest. At the moment I am spending a lot of time on WFO but that's on the 36mm. May be different with a 38.

Once I am happy on the 38mm I might try the 36mm again - would running the 36mm just require a bit smaller jets? Or would it be a whole different ball game. The main jet that was in the 36 was much, much smaller (158). I was quite surprised but then I didn't recognise the needle, an N2DL. I was expecting the MJ to be just 1 or 2 sizes down.

It takes me a while to try things and I tend to be conservative as I have no practice area so tests of jetting are during competition. Unfortunately the only places near me to practice are MX tracks and they are so different to enduros it's not valid for jetting.