Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 05-13-2013, 10:24 PM

All making sense. Will red loctite the sidestand and check other bolts. Further testing this weekend!!!!! I can't wait!! Think this thing will be pretty darn sweet when dialed an d I am perhaps a little Husky brainwashed after 20 plus years!!! One thing is for certain and a major plus.... KTM does not own Gas Gas!!!!

Old 05-14-2013, 07:59 AM

I Always Nut & bolt a new bike. Always Put a wrench on everything. I did lose the front tank bolt on my 12' gasser and I have been through a few side stand bolts. I still need to tear the gasser down and relube everything.

Shoot when I buy a used bike I tear it down completely before riding it. Its just piece of mind.

Bolts vibrate loose at times, especially on new bikes. Ride, smile, wrench, repeat...
Old 05-14-2013, 08:03 AM

Frame pivot was COMPLETELY dry on my bike, would have self destructed. Buddy's wasn't much better. These need tear down, service, and build up before riding.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
Frame pivot was COMPLETELY dry on my bike, would have self destructed. Buddy's wasn't much better. These need tear down, service, and build up before riding.
good to know, mine will get torn down this week for lube/loctite/inspection. I only have 15hrs on it Still hesitant to ride it on gnarly stuff because of the subframe

Resprung over the winter and its MUCH better now, dialed it in a bit more Sunday, begs to be ridden hard but the dang sub scares the heck outta me.

the engineer that designed the side stand pivot and plastic sub better be fired or hanged. I just wish the motor and trans were in my YZ chassis. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the gasser motor and trans. I still cant bring myself to sell the YZ because I know sooner than later I will be on a multi week wait for gasser subframe parts.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:28 AM

Yeah, I think GG needs some major changes in several areas.

Whats your take on the YZ250 compared to the GG? '06+ with SSS fork? I found a nice '06 completely decked out, 18" wheel and even an NJ title with only 60hrs.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:34 AM

Some Husaberg's also have plastic sub frames. One guy I ride with has a 390 and he shows that bike no mercy.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:54 AM

Completely different design. Polymer in itself is not a bad thing, its in the specific compound and deisgn. In fact I would expect a proper polymer design to be better, as it should allow a small amount of flex in a crash, not bend, and certainly not break.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
Yeah, I think GG needs some major changes in several areas.

Whats your take on the YZ250 compared to the GG? '06+ with SSS fork? I found a nice '06 completely decked out, 18" wheel and even an NJ title with only 60hrs.
I love my YZ, its an 08 with SSS Kyb. I had a pro action revalve and with the new piston in the rear its sweet(i was getting a lot of fade with the stock setup, esp on whooped out HS courses), great rebound control, forks are good but still a tad harsh in really rough creeks, faster pace helps. I retarded the timing two degrees, I run 13/50 and a gnarly. 18" rear with a S12 in winter and Mich trials in summer. I have a Rekluse zstart Pro and wiseco billet basket. Other than some bearings here and there its been rock solid, no DNF's due to mechanicals. We ride in a LOT of mud, rain etc so steering head bearings and wheel bearings are the normal consumables. The motor is great, will lug down, not like the GG300, but still very tractorable, mid and upper hit is good. I run the 3 gal IMS tank, skids etc, considerably lighter than the GG.

Very durable bikes, I dont even run rad braces and they are still straight, subframe is perfect, hell i just swapped out the stock rear fender last month. It has 20+ HS races on it.

Only thing it really needs is the Squish band reworked.

Riding position is a little different than the GG. You have to stay further up on the tank sitting and over the bars more standing. Doesnt carve in the tight ST as well as GG but still very good. GG needs a more neutral stance as I am sure you know very well.

Just like any bike it takes some tweeking but for a MX bike they make a great woods platform.
they definitely look dated compared to the new GG/Beta/Katooms

IMG_1579 by Rider_wv, on Flickr
Old 05-14-2013, 01:05 PM

You have that set up very nice for woods and hare scrambles!
AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

***Thanks for the support : Twin Air /O'Neil Racing / Race 100% / Matrix Concepts / ODI / Mika Metals
Old 05-14-2013, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
You have that set up very nice for woods and hare scrambles!
thanks, its still missing hanguards, i swapped the twinwalls off the GG onto it and put my Cycras and Flexx bars on the GG, still need guards for YZ.

I really cant complain at all about the YZ, in all the trail riding and HS races its done it never had an issue during a race, I broke a clutch cable(pre rekluse) on a trail ride and had the rear master cyl go out on a ride...neither cut the ride short. Its only on its second top end too. The 18" rear is nice especially with a 140 knob on there, the trials tire is fun too.

I really hope I have as much good luck with the GG, did i mention how much I love the 300 motor. The Magura clutch is buttery smooth too.