Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Electrical & Wiring

Enduro Electrical & Wiring Lighting, Ignition, Wiring, Plugs, etc.

Old 05-25-2015, 07:55 PM

Default 2004 fse450 backfires and wont start

Went for a long ride. Come home turned it off. Half hour later went to restart it bit no go. Its been to various bike shops and ive gone over it exstensivley myself. All roads leading to an ignition/spark problem. It has a very strong spark but is a bit irregular and not firing at the correct time. The bike will fire but not start. Sometimes it fires a few times and goes to start but then it sparks before tdc stopping the piston dead. Other times it will load up the exhast with fuel and backfire while other times it will backfire through the efi. Two questions. 1: the alternator pick up with the square teeth has one section missing. When on tdc this section is 135* of from the staionary pick up. Is this correct? In my years the pick ups always been roughly inline at tdc. The key way hasnt sheared and evrrything seems fine. 2: the computers got three aftermarket earth wires earthed to it. Two are black and ones blue with yellow stripe. Theres writing and numbers on the back of the computer. It has few mods done including exhaust. Would the computer be remapped or fried?

Old 05-26-2015, 04:52 PM

Any help at all? These would have to be the most horrid bikes to ever own. Theres no parts, manuals are vauge, theres no info anywhere for them. No dealership support. Gas gas should be shut down and canned. Even the cheap shity chinese bikes have after sales service.
Old 05-26-2015, 05:43 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Default 4t

Hey Jethro, sorry to hear your misfortune. try the search feature, your not the only one w/ this prob. others have had good luck getting theirs back up running.
Are you in the States or down under?
Old 05-26-2015, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethro View Post
Any help at all? These would have to be the most horrid bikes to ever own. Theres no parts, manuals are vauge, theres no info anywhere for them. No dealership support. Gas gas should be shut down and canned. Even the cheap shity chinese bikes have after sales service.
These 450's are the reason their in the mess their in. They had no choice but to buy back hundreds of the bikes from Europe and send out countless replacement motors. They should have never released the bike. It's kinda too bad though, as the bikes were great when they worked. One of my all time favorite bikes. I had no idea just how good the bike was until I bought a left over 2008 YZ 450. The Yamaha had nothing on the GG 450 performance and handling wise. IMHO
Old 06-01-2015, 02:01 PM

I pretty much agree, now that I have my 2003 450 working (it was a rough year), it does everything pretty damn good. I would check the rectifier/regulator, as that caused me a bunch of grief until I got past it.
Old 06-02-2015, 01:22 PM

Motto - "if you nothing positive to say, then shut the f**k up"
I've had one .............

Jerry can, electrical fire......

Sorted , and get a EC 300